JBL PSW-D110 Subwoofers

2.47/5 (79 Reviews)

High output 150 watt class D amp w/ 10" driver

Submitted by thedavago a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2011

Bottom Line:
Wow, I guess I'm the lucky one. I have had my JBL for over 7 yrs now and have NEVER had a problem with it, It could be that I am an audio engineer and never push my equipment beyond what I perceive it can handle, or it could just be luck. I have used this Sub as part of my Studio monitor set-up (awesome sound unless you ride it too hard and overdrive the amp - it's not a Crest LOL), I have used it as part of my home- stereo system, it is currently part of our Home Theater system which means the kids relentlessly play XBox Black Ops, World at War, and many other games on it LOUD - they're kids, I have even used this at small gigs with a small PA and run Bass guitar through it. Way more than what it was designed for but I never let it run into distortion. It was only designed to run 75 watts rms into ONE Channel - you just can't expect too much from it - but it has plenty of power for a 250 - 400 sq ft room.

After reading all the reviews I will purchase the C6 kit from JBL and install it just to play it safe, I plan on keeping this Sub for years to come.

Submitted by cdickinson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2005

Bottom Line:
Same problem as most of posts (C6 cap blown clean off board).

JBL should be made to stand by their engineering & repair/replace product!

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Dana a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2004

Bottom Line:
I saved this sub from going to the dumpster. My neighbor had purchased it. He blew it and didn't have any idea what to do with it. I (being a Technician) said I would take it off his hands and see if I could fix it if he didn't want it. JBL service people were very helpful. Fixed it with a kit I purchased from JBL and they provided me with the schematics. I feel that if they know what the fix is and it was a design flaw....why did I have to fix it? Why did I have to pay for the parts? They screwed up, they should fix it whether in or out of warranty. I haven't had a problem with the PSW-D110. Good bass. Could be cleaner but not bad for a lower end Sub woofer.

Purchased At:   saved from going to

Submitted by Todd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
Just got done reading all the horrible reviews about this model. Guess I got lucky.. I've had my JBL for just about four years now, and I have been very pleased. I keep the volume up high (about 3/4) and have always experienced room-filling bass. I've taken this sub to hell and back, and it has always come back for more.
What is interesting though (and the reason I decided to write this review) is that I too woke up on night to some odd booming sounds. The sub was the cause, and I still can't figure it out. It wasn't a machine gun sound, but rather a boom every 5 seconds or so. I first unplugged the sub from the receiver, but the boom persisted. Next, I unplugged the sub from the surge protector, and plugged it in a few hours later. I haven't heard the sound since. The sub continues to work, so I haven't gone out shopping yet. Disappointing to hear insufficient caps were used.. but mine is still working -knock on wood-.
Overall, I feel I've gotten my money's worth out of this unit. Great sound, and not too expensive. Even if it blows tonight, I still have a few months warranty from Best Buy.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by John a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
Liked the subwoofer sound. Rocked the walls in action sequences on a medium setting....but when it quit...it quit. This speaker is long out of warranty, but suspect the same capacitor problem seen by other reviewers. I saw one review which said the service bulletin and info on repair kit to fix the problem was on the JBl website, but couldnt' find it. If anyone knows where the information exists will appreciate posting the info.

Purchased At:   Circuit City