JBL PSW-D110 Subwoofers

2.5/5 (80 Reviews)

High output 150 watt class D amp w/ 10" driver

Submitted by Shawn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 4, 2017

Bottom Line:
This subwoofer has stood the test of time. Almost 20 years ago I worked at Best Buy and this sub still powers my theater room!! Love it

Submitted by thedavago a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2011

Bottom Line:
Wow, I guess I'm the lucky one. I have had my JBL for over 7 yrs now and have NEVER had a problem with it, It could be that I am an audio engineer and never push my equipment beyond what I perceive it can handle, or it could just be luck. I have used this Sub as part of my Studio monitor set-up (awesome sound unless you ride it too hard and overdrive the amp - it's not a Crest LOL), I have used it as part of my home- stereo system, it is currently part of our Home Theater system which means the kids relentlessly play XBox Black Ops, World at War, and many other games on it LOUD - they're kids, I have even used this at small gigs with a small PA and run Bass guitar through it. Way more than what it was designed for but I never let it run into distortion. It was only designed to run 75 watts rms into ONE Channel - you just can't expect too much from it - but it has plenty of power for a 250 - 400 sq ft room.

After reading all the reviews I will purchase the C6 kit from JBL and install it just to play it safe, I plan on keeping this Sub for years to come.

Submitted by cdickinson a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 6, 2005

Bottom Line:
Same problem as most of posts (C6 cap blown clean off board).

JBL should be made to stand by their engineering & repair/replace product!

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Dana a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 9, 2004

Bottom Line:
I saved this sub from going to the dumpster. My neighbor had purchased it. He blew it and didn't have any idea what to do with it. I (being a Technician) said I would take it off his hands and see if I could fix it if he didn't want it. JBL service people were very helpful. Fixed it with a kit I purchased from JBL and they provided me with the schematics. I feel that if they know what the fix is and it was a design flaw....why did I have to fix it? Why did I have to pay for the parts? They screwed up, they should fix it whether in or out of warranty. I haven't had a problem with the PSW-D110. Good bass. Could be cleaner but not bad for a lower end Sub woofer.

Purchased At:   saved from going to

Submitted by Todd a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2003

Bottom Line:
Just got done reading all the horrible reviews about this model. Guess I got lucky.. I've had my JBL for just about four years now, and I have been very pleased. I keep the volume up high (about 3/4) and have always experienced room-filling bass. I've taken this sub to hell and back, and it has always come back for more.
What is interesting though (and the reason I decided to write this review) is that I too woke up on night to some odd booming sounds. The sub was the cause, and I still can't figure it out. It wasn't a machine gun sound, but rather a boom every 5 seconds or so. I first unplugged the sub from the receiver, but the boom persisted. Next, I unplugged the sub from the surge protector, and plugged it in a few hours later. I haven't heard the sound since. The sub continues to work, so I haven't gone out shopping yet. Disappointing to hear insufficient caps were used.. but mine is still working -knock on wood-.
Overall, I feel I've gotten my money's worth out of this unit. Great sound, and not too expensive. Even if it blows tonight, I still have a few months warranty from Best Buy.

Purchased At:   Best Buy