JBL E150P Subwoofers

3.5/5 (2 Reviews) MSRP : $249.00

• Equipped with JBL's tried-and-true 10" PolyPlas™ woofer
  • FreeFlow™ flared port
  • Digital amplifier
  • Line Level (switchable to LFE) and Speaker Level with 5-way binding post speaker terminals
  • Level and crossover-frequency controls
  • Phase switch
  • The computer-designed, lock-mitred cabinet virtually eliminates distortion
  • Slim design

Submitted by Knucklehead a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 31, 2008

Bottom Line:
There are much better choices out there for small subs than this one. Steer clear!
It cannot reproduce bass guitar notes with anything approaching fidelity. I played bass guitar for a few years so I know how it should sound.

For HT it gets confused in dynamic passages and simply lets out a booming sound to approximate sound reproduction. It cannot keep up in dynamic passages in HT or music.

I bought this sub thinking it would go well with my 4 E50 bookshelf speakers, which are a great sounding speaker, so I'm not anti JBL,

JBL rates this sub down to 27hz but I'd call that a stretch. Using a program called Audacity I was able to determine the lowest frequency this sub could reliably hit. 34hz and it bottoms out, db drops off rapidly from there and is nearly inaudible at 27hz. Not much lower than some very good tower speakers can do. Perhaps I have a bad example? I've had 2 of these so far, had to send the first one back when it died. The replacement does the same performance wise.

Purchased At:   Harman Ebay

Submitted by adibigs87 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 17, 2005

Bottom Line:
Plenty of power even though the woofer is not that tight the bass is very punchy. Great on most types of music I listen to anthing from easy listening to spanish instrumental and this sub has not disappointed me yet.

Purchased At:   DBL

Best 3 subs:AR pr1010,JBL e150P,Infinity PS10

Please,what's best 10 pol of 3 subs : :rolleyes: AR pr1010 , JBL e150e , Infinity ps10? because these are the only subs are avaible in my country Brasil, Rio de JaneiroRead More »