JBL DPS12 Subwoofers

2.85/5 (13 Reviews)

Submitted by Tom B a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
I've had this sub for 11 years. The second amp just blew. 1st amp lasted about 2 years. This uniot is used light duty. Wired to a light switch, it isn't used much. I have owned JBL pro series gear for decades with the various bands I've been in. Never had issues other than blowing speakers. My own fault.
This amp has a design flaw in my opinion. I have a request into JBL for assistance. we'll see how it goes.

Submitted by Kicks a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 3, 2009

Bottom Line:
Great bass. Have it set up with Y cable. Never had a problem with it. I guess I was lucky compared with others. Bought it new from a relative that worked for Harmon Kardon.

Submitted by ricksteven a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 25, 2006

Bottom Line:
The amp went out, the part is no longer available. Piece of crap, don't buy JBL products...

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by d via a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 5, 2004

Bottom Line:
total agreeance with rest of reviews.dsp-12 Monster bottom when it work's.
I also have a bad amp in mine now and initaially looked on line for replacement
to no avail.My regular service guy laughed at me when I asked him to fix it saying JBL would not sell him parts.Finally paid Best buy to look at the amp just to tell me what I already knew,the amp was blown and the module wasnt avaliable(I was under the strange notion that they would fix the amp but NO)
So I finally expressed my frustration to a JBL tech this evening and after about 30minutes of L.D. on my nickel he finally tipped me off at a few directions .yes, he knew the amp was a dog but he couldnt say it in a direct manner,but the obvious fix was 1-if you have a reciever that will support it (x-over)buy a power amp of some sort and bridge mono or another reciever he kept saying which may be a option for me except I am not wild about sticking a power amp since I dont have the space in my rack..2-he told me to look at mcmelectronics.com and they may have something that would work.I did find a 139.00 sub amp that I am going to look at closer which may be a good option ,specs were 240w @8ohms and 340@4,I am going to look at this hts-12 I just read about too maybe this will help,and I would be really curious if there isnt some kind of product liability there??

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by Derick12 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
The worst sub ever made! I have had it in the shop longer than in my home theater! The JBL customer service and for that matter the Harman Kardan Co. is the worst I have ever delt with! They know they built a lemon but they will not take care of the people who have supported them by buying their products. I will never buy a Harman Kardon product again!!!

Purchased At:   harman Kardan outlet

Klipsch Speaker + Velodyne DPS12 or Klipsch Sub 12

Hi All, 1) I am planning to buy Klipsch speaker system(Quintet III) in the range of $500 for 4 sattlite speaker and one center channel speaker. Along with this speakers which is the best subwoofer i can buy, Velodyne dps12 or Klipsch sub12.? i am confused, both of them are in the price range o ... Read More »