Infinity Systems PS-12 Subwoofers

3.69/5 (13 Reviews) MSRP : $450.00

• bass-reflex design
  • 300-watt RMS amp
  • 12" front-firing driver
  • frequency response 25-150 Hz (ñ3dB)
  • continuously variable 50-150 Hz crossover
  • phase switch
  • line-level stereo RCA inputs with LFE/normal switch
  • speaker-level inputs with binding post connectors
  • on/off switch
  • black wood-grain vinyl finish
  • 14-3/8"W x 16-1/2"H x 17-1/2"D

Submitted by GarageRat a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2013

Bottom Line:
My BU faltered. They offered the PS 12 as a substitution for $160 but after some pointed facts, it cost me $100. Have been using it for years now and tagged up with the Overture 3's by Infinity I don't even need to push it on the HT system or listening to music 2.1. I could put my O3's on small but why, it really brings every level top to bottom and super tight having only the very lows transfer to the sub.
I have hooked the PS12 up to my vintage Sansui G -7000 and it kicks azz is the only way to describe it. I have smaller Sansui speakers for that system and larger ones so when the SPX7000 speakers meet this sub, its low frequencies are all there supporting the smaller higher toned 4 way SPX7000's.
Nominal (RMS) output power 300.0 Watt .
Response bandwidth 25 - 150 Hz .
Crossover frequency 50 - 150Hz
Controls :
Power on/off,
Subwoofer cut frequency,
Subwoofer phase,
Subwoofer volume control
2.0 x Speakers input ( Banana/spade x 2 ),
1.0 x Audio line-in ( RCA phono x 2
This Powered Sub offers options to hook it up to varied systems which is a bonus. Not heavy for the sound it produces out of the 12" woofer. 14.4 in x 17.5 in x 16.5 in & 45lbs.

Can't comment on their warranty as my change went well but have stayed away from Infinity since Harmon pretty much killed the Infinity brand. European market saw the Clasica which looked like a winner but trying to get them in the States for a listen was impossible plus shipping was a joke. Nice job Harmon, another stake in the Infinity coffin.

All in all Infinity was a fantastic top notch brand as I can even compare my speakers to Paradigm until it was desimated by HK. Now it doen't get into any running. If you can get the P12 cheap now it carries a lot of weight, sound, and wattage. It has more than you will need in a normal sized 20 x 15' family room.

Submitted by gmb2428 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2009

Bottom Line:
Man I thought I had one heck of a good sounding sub in this ps-12. Bought from circuit city back in 2005, and now after just 3.5y the amp went up in smoke! Well I WAS so happy with it I wanted to repair the amp. Called around after searching the internet for a parts place, find out the amp is no longer available!!!! REALLY, a 3.5y old sub doesn't have parts available???? I been running my Polk Audio speakers for 11y now, and parts are still available, but not for infinity, so they sure will NOT be getting anymore business from me!!! STAY AWAY FROM INFINITY AT ALL COST, DONT WALK, BUT RUN IN THE OTHER DIRECTION! I would buy from Pyramid before I buy another infinity product again!!!

Submitted by Chief Joseph a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2008

Bottom Line:
My first sub was an Infinity BU-120, I burned up on me outside warranty. I then bought a DefTech sub which lasted just beyond it's warranty. I then bought this sub at video only. It lasted to just after it's warranty expired and then burned up on me. I took it in for repair at my local infinity repair shop and they found a hole burned into the circuit board and that board was no longer available. ??? It's not that old. Well, went to video only and they have the new pretty infinity subs as well as klipsh, but i'm done with infinity subs and the klipsh has even a shorter warranty, so no way. Found some very nice velodynes at frys, but too much money. Found the discontinued dps-10 at onecall.com for 217.00 and jumped on it. Got it today and it sounds about the same as my infinity ps-12 did, so I'm very happy. Take my advice, avoid infinity subs, they are unreliable. Too bad, my entire speaker system is infinity and I love them.

Purchased At:   Video Only

Submitted by kenrob a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: September 25, 2006

Bottom Line:
Onkyo 150 watt / Primus 250 / PS12 sub

My intention was to purchase the Primus 250 towers. In the showroom the bass was acceptable but based on reviews it was recommended to use at least the PS8 sub. I decided on the PS12 based on price (Circuit City closeout / floor model for $189). After a brief trial with placement of speakers and re-securing a couple of pictures that were vibrating on the walls, I am throughly pleased with the combination. I am glad I opted for the larger PS12, because at higher listening levels the 12 sounds rock solid. Bass transition is extremely smooth; at 1/2 to 2/3 gain the bass is very natural. Only by turning the gain down was it apparent that the 250's were severly lacking deep bass. My listening room is a roughly 30 x 30 L-shaped lower level with carpeted concrete floor. The combination quite easily fills the room.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 31, 2006

Bottom Line:
this subwoofer is just incredible! i'm using this sub with a pair of polk rti8s and have been impressed ever since i hooked it up. just simply amazing! great sound, tight bass, awesome build! highly recommend.

Purchased At:   crutchfield