Definitive Technology SuperCube II Subwoofers

4.83/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $899.00

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

• Dimensions: 12" W x 12" D x 12-1/2" H
  • Frequency Response: 14Hz — 200Hz
  • Driver Complement: One 8" long-throw polymer subwoofer coupled to two 8" pressure-driven infrasonic bass radiators.
  • Amplifier: 1250 watts Digitally-Coupled Class D
  • Low-Level High Pass: 40Hz — 150Hz (variable) 12dB per octave
  • Speaker Level High Pass: 80 Hz (6 dB per octave)
  • Low Level Low Pass Filter: 24dB/octave continuously adjustable variable (40 —150 Hz) plus Unfiltered LFE direct coupled input.
  • Phase Control: 0 degrees — 180 degrees (continuously variable)
  • Finish: Piano gloss black or golden cherry
  • Weight: 38 lbs.

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Csacred a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 31, 2012

Bottom Line:
    Due to space/volume restrictions (apartment), and the fact I can't stand cable and big black boxes clutter anymore, I sold my audiophile system to build a compact, convenient, and visually pleasing stereo system: computer source -> DAC -> Beolab 8000 powered speakers.
    The Beolab 8000 are beautiful and elegant thin towers. Their sound signature is precise and transparent, they image very well...BUT, they lack bass.
    Here entered the entry level Def Tec 600 subwoofer. It was quite an improvement already but I felt a bit limited with the lack of adjustments knobs. It was much better already but I sensed it could be improved a little.
    Then came along the supercube II and what a bliss!!!
    The supercube II blends perfectly with my speakers in the most tuneful and musical way. The overall sound remains precise and transparent but now with the fast, tight, and musical bass it was missing. This combo truly sounds superb.
    The supercube II isn't just a subwoofer for movies, it is a wonderful musical subwoofer with all the necessary adjustments to tune it right (at least to my speakers). I don't see any reason to upgrade to anything else at this point, this sub has proven to be the perfect match and solution to my ears/musical enjoyment.
    The best part is, I no longer feel like my current system's sound was a compromise to gain space and look better.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by omimax1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2010

Bottom Line:
    Jusr aquired this at my local pawn for $300. I do not think it had ever been used .as just like all good audio equipment it takes time to break in and mesh with your system. The bass is very good for music and movies and I love the flexability of this sub. Recently changed sub cables and it became a whole new beast. Fotr those who think cables do not make a difference try it and please remenber that there is a break in time for equipment. Ps this sub hits hard and u will get great tactlie bass. if u turn this up to high u may see your pictures coming of the wall and later discover cracks in the wall

Submitted by henry lee a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 20, 2010

Bottom Line:
    Just purchased 2 supercube II's,have been runnining them for 3 day's straight now. Kind of anxious to get them broken in. I must say, right of the box they sounded fantastic, I am more than happy. Re arranged my front room inorder to place them in to the front corner's.As of right now my quest for the perfect bass has been finally met.

Submitted by gkennedy a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2007

Bottom Line:
    I purchased the smallest Super Cube, the Super Cube III. Since there is no place to enter a review for that model, I chose to place the review here for anyone interested. So far, I can't say enough about how pleased I am with the performance. I have it in a system which in includes an Onkyo receiver, and Boston Acoustics reference series VRM 50s (Great, accurate speakers I purchased to replace first generation B&W 602s which were weak in the mid-ranges) in front. At first, I placed the llittle cube along a wall and was not sure if it was producing sufficient base which caused me to turn the volume control way up. Then, I placed it in a corner approximately 4 inches from each wall, as recommended by the manufacture. Wow! As soon as I did that, I had to run for the volume control to crank it down. Needless to say, the difference was dramatic and stunning. The base is tight, and easily compliments my Boston's. Very musical and no indication of the boom type of base that I heard with Infinity's, Polks, etc., that I listened to. Its pricy, but at less that 11 inches square, it does not take any space or stick in your face. It gets a "recommend buy" from me.

Purchased At:   Audio Video City

Submitted by Dave 12345 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 16, 2006

Bottom Line:
    Nice little sub. Very high WAF (Wife acceptance factor), due to it's small size. Sounds great, better than the old entry-level Audio Source 200w Fifteen I have had for yrs. The instruction manual is pitiful, I've played around with it to get it to sound right. It goes with my Def Tech system really nicely (2004 mains & 4 ProMonitor 100's & a ProCenter C2. I wanted to compare it to an Sunfire, but no dealers nearby.

Purchased At:   Magnolia A/V

Definitive Technology SuperCube II Sub

Will adding a supercube II to my Def Tec system (BP7004's mains) add more bass to my system. I have the gain set a-little over the half way mark on my mains. Will upgrading to the 7002's give me more bass. ThxRead More »

Definitive Technology SuperCube II

Definitive Technology [url]http://www.definitivetech.com/[/url] Subwoofer Subwoofer SuperCube II Price: 899 [url]http://www.definitivetech.com/loudspeakers/subwoofers/subwoofers.html[/url]Read More »