Definitive Technology ProSub 200TL
Description: 250 watt 12" woofer

Submitted by vabch22 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 11, 2004

Bottom Line:
Got this to finish off my home stereo, but really wanted the supercube reference.. being poor sucks. I was going to hold out, but saw this sub on ebay brand new and couldn't pass it up. The bass is tight and clean, alough living in a townhouse I cannot make the sub shine. Explosions and movie playback comes alive shaking the house. Some people have said that the LFE input cuts out after about 20-30 min of no signal, but my sub hasn't cut out once. I'm using an INOX cable. I just wish that Def Tech made the sub match the BP's instead of the Pro series.

Purchased At:   ebay.com

Submitted by Larry a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 29, 2003

Bottom Line:
I got off to a disappointing start with this sub - the first one developed a rattle/buzz within the first couple of weeks of use and had to be replaced - but I'm very happy with my purchase. The sub produces powerful, tight, accurate bass both with DVDs and with music. Well worth the money.

Purchased At:   StereoPlus

Submitted by Wiseguuy a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
I decided to complete my Home Theatre. My infinity sub blew. What else is new? Anyway, I auditioned some Paradigms, Polk's, Velodyne and Klipsch RSW's and the Def Techs blew these away.

What's interesting is that I test out the 100Tl and THOSE blew away the 12's of the other models. They were priced at $449. For some strange, stupid reason, the 200TL's were on sale for $299. So of course I listened and purchased those. FYI, anyone near a 6th Ave. Electronics go out and get these now.

It's fast and deep. That sounds a bit erotic. But honestly this sub more than fits the bill.

Purchased At:   6th Ave. Electronics

Submitted by Gary4367 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2002

Bottom Line:
At first I had purchased the Pro-Sub 100TL, but when I opened it up it had a visual flaw. I went back to return it but they did not have any more. I asked the sales men how much it would cost to move up to the 200TL, and he said another $60. So I bought one. I have Definitive Technology BP2002TL front and rear so the sub matches their 12" subs. I bought the 200TL to serve as my C/L/R 2002 sub making my center channel a full range speaker. It sounds wonderful! And for only $440 you cant go wrong.

My system:
Pioneer Elite Pro-520HD (TV)
Denon AVR-3300 (Receiver)
Sony DVP-S530D (DVD)
Philips Pronto (Remote)
Definitive Technology BP 2002TL (Front Speakes)
Definitive Technology BP 2002TL (Back Speakers)
Definitive Technology BP C/L/R 2002 (Center Speaker)
Definitive Technology Pro-Sub 200TL (Center Channel Sub)
Definitive Technology Power Field 15TL (LFE Sub)
All Monster 10 gauge bi-wired speaker wire and interconnects

Purchased At:   Jerry''''s Audio

Submitted by Scramble a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 28, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is my first sub & my first reveiw of anything online.
I feel so strongly about this sub that I had to let everyone know, this is the sub to buy! I listened to alot of subs over the past couple months & there is nothing better for the money. This sub kicks. My vinyl records have never sounded better. CD's do not have that beautiful warm bass that vinyl has. I have the Definitive Bi-Polar BP1.2X rears & the sound while watching DVD movies is incredible. I recomend this sub to anyone that doesn't have $1400 for a Velodyne. I received a great price for this! Brand new out of the box!
I also have the top of the line Nakamichi DR-10 Cass. Deck along with the NAD 533 Turntable. My tapes sound better than cd's & with this sub, music in my house is such a pleasure.

Purchased At:   Audio Breakthrous