Cerwin Vega HT-S10 Subwoofers

4.33/5 (12 Reviews) MSRP : $530.00

Powered Subwoofer - 10" Driver

Submitted by MatrixDweller a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2007

Bottom Line:
Excellent sub for the price. It pounds out fairly high quality bass and goes loud enough for most home theater or music setups. It's not the most powerful sub but it's fairly accurate.

Purchased At:   2001 Audio

Submitted by Michael Broadhead a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
To the reviewers below who were getting poping noises. I to had this problem at the start,but it is not the subwoofers fault. You have to lower the LFE and Subwoofer settings a few db (5-15) on your reciever. On the back of the suboofer put the dials on half. This will reslut in some awesome floor vibrating bass. I found i have to adjust the reciever based on the movies quality, on Shrek i had the recievers sub and LFE settings at 0db but for Lord of the rings i had to drop the LFE and Sub 10db each on my reciever its a Sony STR-DB840

Submitted by Fred a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 24, 2002

Bottom Line:
Price I paid is in $Canadian. Had this sub in my home theatre set up for over a year. Stepped up from the Paradigm PDR8 cause it lacked the sonic boom to fill my space for dvd movies. The HT-S10 has not disappointed in my open mid size living room. The walls have been shaking. I think Jason below got a bad apple. For me, highly recommended as a home theatre sub.

For music play, on the low low end, I've heard faster and tighter subs but they are out of my price range. This baby rocks rocks for HT and Music for the amount I paid.

Submitted by Jason a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 23, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this sub which sounded excellent in the store, however, when I got it home and threw in Episode I, and turn ed up the volume a bit....snap, crackle, pop. And that was only on the THX demo. To get it stop cracking, I had to turn it way down such that I could barely tell I had a sub in the room.

Maybe I am asking too much from a sub, but when I watch a movie and a T-Rex is running down the road I would like to feel at least little vibration. This sub cannot handle this. I am taking it back and getting a velodyne.

PS - the price I paid was in canadian(~275-300 US)

Purchased At:   Future shop

Submitted by Tyler Schell a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
I thought I had died when I finally bought the HTS-10. You can imagine my disappointment when the First movie I watched, Unbreakable, coused it to snap-crackle-pop right off the bat.

I turned down the sub output on my reciever to -4 to cancel this out, but was left with limited listening enjoyment. This is not what I expect for $575 cdn.
I was also very disappointed with the CV website when I tried to find out spec info on the unit. I had sent in an email to them asking for info and was ignored. After my performance difficulties, I sent them another message asking if this is customary for their product. Cerwin Vega, once again, neglected a response.
Since then, I have toned down the unit with moderate success, but I watched Final Fantasy on DVD and was subjected to non-stop crackling and feedback. I am convinced this is junk.
FYI, my system is a JVC rx-7000 Digital Reciever, Infinity Interlude center, Pioneer towers up front and Polk R10's in the rear. I cap it off with a JVC Progressive Scan DVD and a 55" Toshiba Cinema Series HDTV