Cerwin Vega CLSC-12S Subwoofers

• LFE input
  • Auto-on sensing

Submitted by Eddie Navarrete a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 6, 2016

Bottom Line:
My neighbors told me their house tremble when i use my C V... windows rattles....thunderous sound indeed i love it....!!!!!

Submitted by chad a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 26, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have had this sub for close to 8 years and was underwhelmed the day I got it. Auto on works when it feels like it and it is terribly underpowered. I thought part of the problem may have been the receiver i was using so i purchased a mid level Onkyo only to be disappointed by no change in performance. (The Onkyo is amazing for the rest of the system btw, highly recomend) I give it two stars because when it does work, I know its there, if you are just looking for a little depth, this is what you want at a really good price. If you are looking for something that will make your neighbors call the cops, this is absolutely not what you are looking for.

Product model year:   2007

Submitted by samuel a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 26, 2014

Bottom Line:
I've used several of these units along with the larger 15 inch version for home theater. I've had a few amp failures…however the way to fix the problem is to install a Dayton Audio SPA 250 plate amp on the back of the unit. I had an old CLSC 12 with a bad amp and install the Dayton Amp which was only $135.00. The Dayton Amp is 100% better that the Cewin Vega amp and has enough power to blow the woofer…I know because the woofer is now blown. Anyway the unit has unbelievable bass with the dayton amp but you have to be careful because it has the power to destroy the woofer without breaking a sweat. Like another review said…the speaker and the cabinet are good but the amp is JUNK!. Also put one of these Dayton amps on a 15 inch Sony powered home sub. The Sony woofer blew so I installed a JL Audio W3 15 in it's place..then the Sony amp would go into protect mode because the impedance is below 6 ohms. With the Dayton amp..the JL Audio Sub and the Sony Cabinet we are talking serious loud undistorted bass. I've heard $1000.00 dollar units not sound as good…either with the CW cabinet and speaker with a Dayton or the Sony JL audio/Dayton set up.

Submitted by Beezie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 6, 2014

Bottom Line:
Fair only. Got very hot and died after three years.

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 27, 2013

Bottom Line:
I've owned this sub for around 5 or 6 years now and have not had any issues. It shakes everything in the house.

Product model year:   2007