Carver Audio Knight Shadow
Description: At 11 inches cubed, the Carver KnightShadow Subwoofer re-defines the term ""spouse friendly."" The Carver KnightShadow subwoofer is small enough to fit into practically any music or theater system. It is easy to set up and to position in order to elicit deep bass response from your movies and music.<br>

Submitted by Jre56 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2010

Bottom Line:
My sub isn't putting out nearly the Bass I'm reading about on this site. I bought it probably about 8 years ago from The Speaker & Stereo Store when they were closing so I couldn't return it. It was brand new in the box. I got it home hooked it up and tweaked until my fingers bled but no bass. If you listen real hard you might hear a slight amount of Bass from the cube. Now I do hear a annoying hum but no real Bass. Can someone tell me their settings so I can adjust mine accordingly? Thanks!

I think I paid about $350.

Submitted by Tmankiller72 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2005

Bottom Line:
Probably the best sub you can find at this price , very dynamic and tight ,not boomy and since it is an acoustic suspension design No port noise! I liked it so much I now have 2! I have measured in my room 12x16x8 a SPL rating of 111db@21hz and relatively flat response from 19hz to 91hz @ 110db +/-2db ! this is of course running a sine wave test signal, when these two hit it feels like someone dropped a 25lb dumbell on the wood floor, really they are that good. They must be setup and dialed in correctly to achieve these results ..but thats not to difficult. This is what a real subwoofer sounds like not the mass produced wind boxes at your local chain stores. You can get one used for around $400 online , otherwise I'd get a SVS PB10-ISD or PB12 , good luck!

Purchased At:   online

Submitted by mosher1234 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
Okay, I was in the market for a new subwoofer that was more musical than my current (Infinity BU2). I was set on buying the Velodyne SPL-1200. I went to my local dealer and he said "just try this (Carver Knight Shadow). I couldn't believe the amount of bass that came out of this!!!!!!!!! For musical tracks it was faster and tighter than the Velodyne. It is also VERY wife friendly being so small. I LOVE IT!!!!

Submitted by fourfox a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2002

Bottom Line:
I just got it about a month ago and I am very happy. It easily fills my large room with sound. It does need to be tweaked a little bit. At first it was a little boomy, but after adjusting the phase and bass level it now blends seamlessly with the rest of my system. On music it seems very profecient and on bass effects on 5.1 it shakes the house (before I adjusted the phase I was getting sympthathetic vibrations on my large plate glass windows, my wife was affraid they were going to break). How such a small unit can put out so much quality sound I have no idea, but I'm very satisfied with it.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by rkh a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 13, 2002

Bottom Line:
Amazing. Simply incredible. Sorry for my long review but, I just love this thing and can't seem to shut up about it.

My local hi-fi store introduced me to the Carver. When I saw it, I was completely skeptical based on size. When we set it up and listened to it, I was convinced in less than 30 seconds of comparative listening that I had to have it. I wasn't even in the market. That never happens to me.

The power is stunning. I have it in a 20'x30' room with a vaulted ceiling and it will shake the china on the other side of the room. I barely have it turned up.

Not only will it test your home's structural warranty, it will also wow you with it's musical qualities. When I listened to it in the store, we compared it to a few other subs in $500-$1000 range. The expensive ones could match the rumble but none seemed to recreate the music as well (or even close) the Carver. Impressive.

I brought my friends over without telling them about it and played the U-571 depth charge scene. I thought they were going to die. They could not believe what they were hearing. When they saw it, they asked if I had two 1(They figured nothing so small could do what they just heard).

This thing is a joy to own. It blends seamlessly with my BA T-1000's. The reviews below are spot on. You may get something slightly better but, it will cost you dearly. To seriously outdo the Carver, you might go broke. It is worth stretching your subwoofer budget to get one. Nothing costing $500 will even come close - and it will be a lot bigger.