B&W ASW 300 Subwoofers

• Dimensions Height: 405mm (16 in) including fixed feet
  • Width: 330mm (13 in)
  • Depth: 375mm (14.8 in) including grille and controls
  • Allow extra 50mm (2 in) clearance at rear for ventilation
  • Net Weight 15kg (33 lb)
  • Freq. Response -3dB 27Hz - 150Hz adjustable (EQ at A)
  • Freq. Range -6dB at 27Hz and 180Hz adjustable (EQ at A)

Submitted by RH Customs a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 26, 2006

Bottom Line:
This is by far the best sub I have heard and used. Don't let the size of this thing fool you. If you want a sub that can rattle your walls and still want clean tight deep bass this is for you.

Purchased At:   Home Theater Store

Submitted by ciscokid1970 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 14, 2005

Bottom Line:
If you are looking for a small musical sub to match some nice bookshelfs or a smaller home theater setup this is it.

I tested this among 4 other sub $400 subs and it blew them all out of the water. Including Polk, mirage, klipsh and velodyne.

Do not let the conservative 100W amp fool you this is a very clean 100W amp I have the volume set to only 45%. It can easily fill my office with music.

Do not be afraid of the 8in woofer. As a matter of fact that is what makes it so nice smaller woofer is tighter and more responsive which makes it more musical. But yet this little guy can still get down to 27Hz and performs great on action movies.

I have it in my office which has NAD C740 stereo receiver and B&W 601 speakers. It blends so nicely with my 601s I do not even know it is there. I have my crossover freq set to approx 90Hz.

I also have a dvd player back there for dvd audio and occasional movie. I tell you what the sound these two speakers and sub put out is very pleasant for movies.
As a matter of fact I prefer to watch Red Violin in this setup compared to my HT room.

This little sub has all the niceties you need RCA inputs, Speaker inputs(this is what I use), High pass Line outs, volume level and crossover freq.

Purchased At:   home theater store

B&w Asw 300

hi, planning to buy a sub for B&W 602 S3(just for 2 channel music) i've searched and found this babyat a good price range :) anyone tried or listened this one?and is it enough for my room (about 2600 cubic feet):confused5:Read More »

B&W ASW 300 Subwoofer

I'm looking for a basic system for my bedroom and plan on a set of bookshelves and a small sub. I'm quite interested in the 300, but my local dealer has none in stock. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about these? It looks to be quite a long throw driver but I'm not expecting room shaking bas ... Read More »