Athena Technologies AS-P400
Description: <ul> <li>Front firing Bass Reflex design</li> <li>Front Mounted controls</li> <li>Auto-On/Off with Dual colored LED status indicator</li> <li>Internal Protection Circuitry</li> <li>Anti-Clip Circuitry</li> <li>MOSFET Amplifier</li> <li>300 watts peak power - 100 watts continuous</li> </ul>

Submitted by ChrisY a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
I recently got this sub but thought I would spend some time with it before posting a review.After 50 hours of breaking in I decided to see what this baby could really do and boy was I in for a surprise! This sub is absolutely incredible,the bass is punchy and tight without any boominess.This sub is truly awesome as a review in audioholics indicated and I am truly pleased at the way this sub assist in bringing out the best in my movie watching and music listening experiences.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by JoelV a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 13, 2006

Bottom Line:
This was used via the high-level (speaker cable) ins/outs and with the crossover set at 100-120Hz only. I bought it to mate with my new Gallo Micros (LF limit is 110Hz) in a 15'x12' apartment living room. Under these conditions, this was not a good match. The sub was a bit boomy in the upper bass, and always very easy to localize. It could play very loudly, but didn't seem all that powerful. I replaced it with the older, passive Gallo sub and have been much happier since.

Purchased At:   eBay

Submitted by Dmax a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 21, 2005

Bottom Line:
Spotted this sub while looking for a receiver.Came out with the receiver I desired and with this absolutely amazing sub.I really like my Polk psw350 sub thats really been good to me in my small to medium sized bedroom for a few years.The Athena sub outshines the Polk in everyway , looks and powerful,powerful clean bass.Oh and Athenas sister companies are Mirage and Energy Speakers.Awesome!!!!!!!!

Purchased At:   Best Buy