Athena Technologies AS-P300
Description: <ul> <li>Stylish front-firing, front-ported bass reflex design delivers extended bass response while offering flexible placement options</li> <li>Internal amplifier supplies 300 watts peak power, for crushing volume with minimal distortion</li> <li>Over-built 8" injection-molded polypropylene woofer</li> <li>Contoured silver-finished front baffle is a perfect match for other Audition Series speakers</li> <li>Front-mounted controls for easy access</li> </ul>

Submitted by Mark111867 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2003

Bottom Line:
For quite some time, I considered buying bigger speakers to get a "bigger" sound. My Mirage M-290's on stands have been great, and the only thing really missing from them was from the lower end. After much debating, I decided to buy a sub. After auditioning several, I ended up buying the AS-P300. I really don't know much about subs, but I can say that my system sounds much better with the sub than without. I am glad that I held on the the Mirage speakers and added the sub. Athena is made by the same company that manufactures Mirage, so I also felt that there was a degree of continuity as well.

Purchased At:   Best Buy