Aiwa TS-W50 Subwoofers

3.88/5 (17 Reviews) MSRP : $150.00

60 watt subwoofer 8"cone type speaker in wooden cabinent

Submitted by Phil a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought this sub many years ago. Sounded great when I first bought it, but over time, the foam around the speaker basically disintegrated. It still works, and I am in the process of finding a replacement speaker for it.

Submitted by Soundfreek4ever a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: October 26, 2007

Bottom Line:
Some worker offered my dad a subwoofer for free because sho counldnt use it because she got to many complaints from the bass! So I hooked it up to my Pioneer vsx-816k stereo reciever I bought at circuitcity for a little more than 200$. I am able to push a lot of bass out of it without having to worry about the subwoofer blowing. It has one inplut plug, a switch so you can make the speaker go In or Out, and 4 speaker jack plugs. It has a socket so you can hook an electrical thing into it. This speaker is awsom. It gives me the deep bass I need while I am watching TV or listning to loud music. It as also great for blasting at loud volumes like I do. I love plaing music super loud.

Purchased At:   Work

Submitted by Alkoholik a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 24, 2005

Bottom Line:
Absolutely great sub for my use (home theatre and Listening to hard rock)small sub but great sound, i use it on my sharp cd-k491 surround system and works fabulous in my 5X5 m room works well on low volume but when It blast it just doesn't seem to give up at all, i was actually surprised at how well it works, considering the small size, recomended for small rooms wanting lots of rumble

Purchased At:   some auction

Submitted by vivisimonvi a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
This was my first subwoofer ever that I still have and use for about 7 years continuously (it was bought for me from my parents). This is the 35-watt TSW5U model. For an entry level simple sub this is great for those who listen at low volumes and wants a power sub that will last for years. From my perspective, I have driven this sub at high volumes (using the high-level speaker inputs) with various amps and doesn't seem to drive past it's capabilites with it's internal amp (don't worry that it'll blow out)... unlike an Infinity 250 watt sub Entra Sub Two that I blew in less than a month... I went for SVS and got a substantial upgrade from there. While this sub is nowhere near the output capabilites of an SVS (not even close is too much an understatement), it is great for something VERY small and entry level. It integrates well with my Bose 401 speakers in my 10 X 10 room (despite it's only 3 crossover levels, I have it set to 60Hz it's lowest setting)). I love the SVS but it just rattles too many things, for something a lot simpler and cheap I would stick with this miniature sub.

For some reason after upgrading to a Dolby Digital receiver, this sub makes a low level "hum" (I corrected this by connecting an S-Video cable to my computer... strange!) Different configurations might correct this, I'm not sure of the technical reason, it seems many people have this type of problem with powered subwoofers in general.

For the price I paid for at the time it was worth it... with a LOT of other subs competing these days you might want to find this one a LOT cheaper.

Purchased At:   forgot

Submitted by David Lckie a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: August 31, 2003

Bottom Line:
Good value.

Purchased At:   Good Deals used comp