Boston Acoustics Voyager
Description: Boston Acoustics Voyager Outdoor/Marine Speaker

Submitted by GCM a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2000

Bottom Line:
This speaker's ok if you want background music outdoors, but if you really want the back yard rocking, or you want really good sound, it's not up to the task. This speaker has no bass at all to speak of. Considering the woofer's 5 1/4" and the specs only claim a low end of 70hz, I suppose that's to be expected.

It also takes quite a bit of power to get any reasonable volume out of them.

I got them for $200 a pair. I suppose for that price they're not too bad. If I'd paid any more, I'd be pretty disappointed.

Purchased At:   Sound Advice

Submitted by Aaron Seals a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have a pair of Boston Runaboat 2's and I am very pleased. I looked at the Bose Indoor/Outdoor stuff but it is slightly muddy as they often tend too be. I also looked at the Polk Indoor/Outdoor stuff. It just didn't have the quality and sound I'm use to. So, I bought the Voyager and am thoroughly impressed! Boston is the leader in Indoor/Outdoor as far as I'm concerned. I also bought the Digital Media Theater system for my computer and I gotta tell you. Move over Harman Kardon and Altec Lansing. Boston is tight and very clean. I have always bought Klipsch but my next pair for Home Theater will be the new powered Boston's..... So, don't look any further or shall I say listen any further...

Submitted by Joe Shaffner a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a high-end outdoor speaker and the Boston Acoustics (BA) Voyager was recommended. This is my third pair of BAs and as usual, I am very impressed. They actually gave my BA PS9s and Allisons a run for their money especially in the mid and high ranges. I suspect that the Voyager has the next generation tweeter. They handled my 200 watt Adcom amp with no problem. Although they do not have the bass of a full size speaker, they do fine. The cabinets are made of Lexan and they are very very solid speakers.
I would recommend spending the extra money for these, I have a pair of Bose 151 outdoor speakers and do not come close to the Voyager