Polk Audio RC85i Inwall Speakers

4.6/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $169.99

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

RCi Series In-Wall Speakers deliver incredible Polk sound to every room in your home without using any floor or shelf space! Now you have new options for more flexibility and performance from Polk Audio. Out of the box and into the wall, that's how easy it is to install the new Polk Audio RCi Series In-Wall Loudspeakers. Dynamic Balance components and Aimable Tweeters ensure spacious imaging with amazing clarity and well-balanced sound in any listening position, not just a small sweet spot. Pain

Submitted by JT a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 2, 2007

Bottom Line:
I was looking for book shelf speakers. I then started looking at tower. Then I desided to try these that were located in the same listening room. I switched between the speakers several times and found these sounded as good as the bookshelf and nearly as good as the 1200 dollar towers I was looking at.
Brought them home installed them and was even more pleased with the sound. They are used in a home theater setup.

Purchased At:   Online

Submitted by joebonadona a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 5, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have had these speakers for over a year with better than expected results. I even moved them around the room ( with patching). Previously I had a weal amp driving them as surrounds (35w to rear). Upgrading to a digital full power amp has brought new life to these speakers. They perform flawlessly as surrounds and can really rock when you pour on the power. I can't say that the aimable tweeter really makes that much of a difference in my application. I heard Bose 191s in a store that sounded more clear on the high-end, but required a seperate Sub for bass. These are good speakers on there own, you could go with out a sub.

Purchased At:   Online

Submitted by Breezer88888 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 19, 2004

Bottom Line:
Why aren't there more reviews on this terrific in-wall? The sound is rich and doesn't bleed into the walls (although I have them set into homemade speaker boxes b/c the walls were new). They'll play loud if you want, or beautifully smooth background music if that's the mood you're after.

I bought this as my side surrounds, and the smaller 55i's as my back surrounds (set-up is a pseudo 7.1 HT). I wish I would have installed the 85's for the sides and back. Not to knock the 55's, but when you play them, you'll favor the larger presence of the 8 inch woofer and full inch aim-able tweeter.

Purchased At:   J & R Music World

Submitted by sokelly a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 12, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought these for rear surrounds in my living room. The sound great. I mounted them at 8 feet and really like the aiming feature of the tweeter. Install of the speaker was easy -- wiring the speaker wire under the floor was a huge pain. Worth the effort. Great speakers at a great price.

Submitted by ml1904coryell a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 30, 2003

Bottom Line:
Terrific product.....I built my home theater system around the massive Rotel 1065 receiver and needed a pair of speakers in the ceiling for my rear surrounds.....I built my monster front speakers with 18" woofers and needed something to work well with them and the Rotel. The Polk RC85I's were the answer. They also fit the budget. Even though they are square, look great in the ceiling, and are extremely easy to install!

Purchased At:   Namebranz