Energy Speaker Systems Take LCR Inwall Speakers

Ingenious. That is the only way one can describe the Take LCR. \n\nWith a dual woofer design and our chambered 1” aluminum dome tweeter, the Take LCR offers unparalleled performance and flexibility, from a compact cabinet. The included mounting bracket makes installing the speaker incredibly simple, horizontally or vertically, and is adjustable 25 degrees in either direction, offering the flexibility needed for your particular installation.\n\nThe Take LCR even includes a glass base, in case yo

Submitted by bobling328 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2008

Bottom Line:
I chose these speakers as they were relatively inexpensive and was cosmetically pleasing to my girlfriend and me. I did not audition them before buying them, but the reviews I found online made them worth the risk of buying them.
I am using a Denon AVR-2808Ci receiver with 110 watts to each channel and a Velodyne DLS3750 10" subwoofer. The Energys sound very clear when it comes to vocals and are tonally balanced. From the specs given by the manufacturer for bass response it seems to fall short. I was expecting a little more bass as it was rated to go down to 75Hz. I was planning to use 80 Hz for my LFE crossover point but found that 110Hz was a better match with these speakers.
The tweeter is very smooth and not harsh as some metal tweeters can be especially with metal cabinets.

Purchased At:   www.acousticsounddes