AudioSource IW8S
Description: AudioSource introduces its line of in-wall and ceiling speakers. These speakers feature an 8"" polypropylene woofer, with butyl rubber surrounds for longer life. Moisture resistant swivel mounted tweeters allow for placement flexibility, as the tweeters can be directed as you choose. These speakers also come with 2.5"" midrange drivers. AudioSource in-walls, come with easily painted white metal grilles, and invisibly deliver high fidelity sound for home theater or multi-room audio.

Submitted by Danny a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 4, 2007

Bottom Line:
I was weary to purchase these speakers, but on such a tight budget my choices were limited. All I can say is I made a great choice. They sound awesome. I paired 5 IW8S with an in expensive a/v receiver (pioneer VSX-516-K/S) from a local electronics store and they sound amazing. I was impressed with the imaging.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by kittycatplucker a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 2, 2005

Bottom Line:
Awesome in-wall for the price. I read all these reviews and gave them a shot and I am very, very pleased. great for surround setups nice highs and mids. lows are good but I wouldn't use them for my front right and left channels.(I like infinity beta 50s for that) just because i like alot of bass. but you cant do better for the price

Submitted by pangeamediagroup a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2005

Bottom Line:
I just wanted to say these are the best speakers i think they are very comparable to the $150 speakers they sound great and are easy to install they have a swivel speaker for directional sound all in all A+++ speakers I bought 4 for one of our homes and just bought 4 more pair for other rooms and house.

Purchased At:   Ubid.com

Submitted by phillycaster a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2004

Bottom Line:
I had the Kenwwod front-channel speakers that came with my original Kenwood hoem theater-in-a-box. They were mounted on the wall and the kids kept banging them. So I began looking for in-walls. Was surprised when I found these inexpensive speakers on Ebay and that they had 3 good reviews here. I took the chance and was not disappointed. Looking to get the in-ceiling speakers now!

Purchased At:   Ebay/whoesalebyus

Submitted by the rookie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
I'M A NEAT FREAK SO IN-WALL SPEAKER WERE A NATURAL CONSIDERATION. I NEEDED A PAIR FOR MY OUTSIDE PATIO. HEARD SEVERAL BRANDS OF SPEAKER RANGING FROM $150 TO $350 A PAIR AND NONE OF THEM JUMPED OUT AT ME. I READ SOME REVIEWS ON AUDIO SOURCE AND DECIDED TO TAKE A CHANCE ON THEM. I FIGURED IT WAS JUST FOR BACKROUND MUSIC DURING A BBQ, HOW BAD CAN THEY BE? ESPECAILLY FOR THE COST! SOMETIMES IN LIFE YOU JUST GET LUCKY. THESE BADBOYS SOUND GREAT. I JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCE WITH ALL OF YOU, NOT ALL GOOD THINGS ARE COSTLY. YOU CAN'T GO WRONG WITH $75/PAIR. VERY EASY TO INSTALL.

Purchased At:   EBAY