Yamaha CLS-150
Description: 6 piece home theater speakers

Submitted by stevep a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 15, 2002

Bottom Line:
I have had these spks for over a month now and am pleased to say that i am a satisfied customer. Though they were over a year old, they were in excellent condition and powered by my Denon AVR1802 they deliver great sounding bass and clear cool and crisp sound.
Reccommended for first time set ups.

Purchased At:   Bazee.com a Bidding

Submitted by John Doe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 25, 2002

Bottom Line:
This is one of the best subwoofer satallite systems there is on the market. The subwoofer pumps out such an incredible amount of bass the the concrete foundation in my basement shook. Even though the satallite speakers are small, the handel up to 120 watts per channel. I would certainly recommend this system to any regular household in search of a decent set of home theater speakers. They are much more affordable than AR9s and in the same time, better sounding.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by Bo Youngblood a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 26, 2000

Bottom Line:
I have had this matching set of 5 speakers and sub for only a month and I am very pleased. I know there are better speakers out there, but I did not have a lot of money to invest at this time so the Yamaha CLS 150 fit my needs perfectly. First I wanted matching speakers to go with my Yamaha HTR 5250 AV receiver and I wanted at least 100 watts per channel and these speakers fit my needs. I am new to home theater, so I really have no other speaker comparisons, but to me the sound is crisp and clear and have plenty of power. I cannot come close to even turning them half way to max power.

If you are looking for an entry level speaker set that sounds good, yet is relative inexpensive and is made by a reputable company, then you should consider these.

Purchased At:   Bestbuy