TEAC LSR-150
Description: Teac LSR-150 Home Theater Speaker Systems

Submitted by lmw a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
I found this on line for a google search for $149, but the shipping was an additional $40. I use the LSR 5 speakers (4" surrounds, 2x3" center) with my jbl 8" sub in a small room, 11x10. My goal was to buy a simple sound system with a housing made of wood. Many small systems and HTB are made from plastic. Wood is dense and gives better sound quality over plastic. Also HTB systems tend to be one speaker systems which are less efficient compared to two way systems.

My Integra 5.4 is more than enough power for the 100 watt max of the Teac speakers. I expected the speakers to be over powered, but they hold up extremely well. The speakers have good sound quality and sound charterstics, not the best but better than full range speakers. It also has a 1" port in the back.

The sub was a disappointment. It did not have the big boom or punch that I need from a sub. The gain has to be 3/4 of the way up to get the fullness that I like. So a kept my JBL 8". Not that it is a bad sub, just not up to my standards.

If you’re looking for a sound system under $200 and with good quality this is it. Great for beginners, small rooms, tight bugets, movies and music.

Purchased At:   on line

Submitted by Horvath a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 26, 2004

Bottom Line:
Purchased the LSR-200 (cherry finish) as a 5.1 set at the local discount members club for $70 US.
The sound is very respectible for an inexpensive set. I am currently only using R & F front with the subwoofer with my Sherwood received in the office. I plan to use the center channel as a rear channel in my 7.1 home theatre setup. I highly recommend this to anyone on a budget. Bought the whole set to break up anyway.