Streem HT-500 Home Theater Speaker Systems

4.71/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $999.00

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

• Front Speakers (RW-500)
  • System Type: 3 way - 4 driver
  • Tweeter: 1" titanium dome
  • Midrange: dual 6.5" polypropylene treated coated drivers with Butyl rubber surrounds
  • Woofer: 8" polypropylene treated coated driver with Butyl rubber surround
  • Power Handling: 50 - 250
  • Watts (500 Watts Peak)
  • Frequency Response: 40Hz - 20KHz
  • Sensitivity: 90 dB
  • Crossover Frequency: 800 / 3500Hz
  • Cabinet: 100% MDF wood construction
  • Enclosure: tuned rear port bass reflex tower design with separate driver enclosures
  • Dimensions: 39.6" x 9" x 12.75" ( H x W x D)
  • Weight: 48 lbs
  • Center Speaker (RW-120)
  • System Type: 2 way - 3 driver
  • Tweeter: 1" titanium dome
  • Midrange/Woofer: dual 5" polypropylene treated coated drivers with Butyl rubber surrounds
  • Power Handling: 30 - 120
  • Watts (200 Watts Max)
  • Frequency Response: 60Hz - 19KHz
  • Sensitivity: 84 dB
  • Crossover Frequency: 3500Hz
  • Enclosure: acoustic suspension
  • Dimensions: 7.6" x 18.9" x 9.9" ( H x W x D)
  • Weight: 14 lbs
  • Surround Speakers (RW-240)
  • System Type: 2 way - 2 driver
  • Tweeter: 1" titanium dome
  • Midrange/Woofer: 5" polypropylene treated coated driver with Butyl rubber surround
  • Power Handling: 30 - 120
  • Watts (200 Watts Peak)
  • Frequency Response: 60Hz - 19KHz
  • Sensitivity: 85 dB
  • Crossover Frequency: 3500Hz
  • Enclosure: acoustic suspension
  • Dimensions: 12.6" x 7.75" x 9.1" ( H x W x D)
  • Weight: 8 lbs

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by devast8r3436 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 18, 2010

Bottom Line:
    Hey guys I bought the HT-500B setup and wow. That's all that can be said for the price. I was looking at Polk or Infinity and about $1500 but came across these and took a chance. I'm so glad I did because these blow both away and was half the price, I have looked for a year for the right setup for me and I was really leaning toward Infinity"s P362 Primus towers teamed with a PC350 center and P162 rears but stumbled onto these and took a chance. I have heard similar quality but that setup was $5329.99 so needless to say I came out like a bandit. Anybody saying you get what you pay for when it comes to these is a flat out liar. I"ll buy only Streem from now on unless I win the lottery and have $20000 to burn. If you want a great setup without spending $1000 or $5000 for that matter this is the best sound out there.

Submitted by S. Moore a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 11, 2009

Bottom Line:
    Finding good speakers at a reasonable price is almost impossible nowadays especially with all the competitive brand names out there. I came across Streem Speakers’ website by accident while online and was very impressed with not only the specifications but the phenomenal price they have for such great sounding systems. All I can say WOW!!!

At first it was difficult to decide between the HT-808 system which have a more prevalent bottom end but are slightly less powerful than the HT-500 system. In the end, after reading all the reviews from other customers, I took a chance and went with the HT-500 Home Audio Theatre Speakers along with an additional set of RW-500 speakers and the SW-10 Low Frequency Powered Subwoofer. The first thing that stood out was how all the speakers came double-boxed and shipping was included. The quality and craftsmanship that goes into the manufacturing of these speakers is very remarkable and they are certainly a nice accent to any room especially with the beautiful cherry wood and black finish.

I have to say that this was one of the best purchases I have made in a long time and have no regrets in doing so whatsoever! Like so many others have stated, the sound is incredible and so crystal clear yet when you need that little extra bottom-end it’s definitely there but not overpowering! Streem Speakers are just as good if not better than any of the other high-end speaker out there but for a fraction of the price.

If you are in any way doubtful, don’t be, as you will not be disappointed. I highly recommend Streem to anyone who is in search of excellent set of speakers with quality sound at a reasonable price. Thanks to everyone at Streem and I will definitely be back again in the future.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by RICHARD SELLARS a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2009

Bottom Line:
    I WOULD LIKE TO TELL WHO EVER IS LOOKING FOR HOME SPEAKERS, DON'T BE WORRIED ABOUT BUYING ON LINE.THESE PEOPLE ARE GREAT. I ASK ABOUT WHAT IT WOULD COST TO SEND THE SPEAKERS BACK AND THEY SAID ABOUT $100.00. SO I ROLLED THE DICE. I HAD LISTENED TO ALL THAT WAS AVALIBLE AT CC AND BB. I EVEN BOUGHT A SET OF KILIPCH AT $490.00 APIECE,TOOK THEM HOME FOR A WEEK, TOOK THEM BACK. I FOUND THAT THE NEW STANDARD FOR SPEAKERS IS THAT YOU HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO PUT A SUBWOOFER IN THE SET UP TO GET ANY BASS.AND I HATE THAT FAKE BASS, WILL NOT LISTEN TO IT.REAL MUSIC, THE REAL SOUND I LISTEN FOR CAN NOT COME OUT OF A SUB.MOVIES MIGHT NEED A SUB, BUT FLEETWOOD MAC,BOSTON,CCR,ETC. DON'T.YOU NEED QUALITY SPEAKERS LIKE STREEM HT-500.STREEM SPEAKERS TRULY PERFORM.THEY PUT THE MARTIN LOGANS TO SHAME. I TOLD THE SALES GUY TO TURN OFF THE SUB, I WANTED TO HERE ONLY THE MARTIN LOGANS.HAD NO FULLNESS, NOT LIKE THE STREEMS.TAKE IT FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Terrance Milligan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 3, 2007

Bottom Line:
    Great product, as advertised. Arrived in perfect condition, very securely packed. Very happy with the sound and the appearance.

Purchased At:   Ebay

Submitted by tragicallyhip65 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2004

Bottom Line:
    I purchased my surround speakers on-line and was a little skeptical about doin so. Other reviews were very helpful for me in making the decision. I wanted to add a full surround speaker system after having recently bought a new television and decided to make it a full home theatre system.

The full 5 year warranty that Streem was offering on the product also helped me choose them, after reading the specs of course. My dealings with Station Street were very smooth and delivery was very quick.

The speakers arrived, very well packaged and I could tell immediately that they were very solidly made. They not only have a very nice, solid sound but are pleasing to the eye. I listen to progressive rock mainly and really love to hear crisp lows and highs, which are produced very nicely with this speaker system. A sub-woofer isn't necessarily needed as these speakers push a lot of sound, but I may add one eventually just to get a little extra uuummmppphhhh!!!

I'm sure one can get a lot better speaker if you're willing to drop $5K on a set, but as far as bang for the buck goes, the Streem HT-500 surround set is a solid buy. I have no regrets for making the purchase.

Purchased At:   Station Street