Polk Audio RM7600 Home Theater Speaker Systems

5/5 (7 Reviews) MSRP : $1999.00

The RM7600 includes four identical satellites, a matching center channel speaker and a powered subwoofer.

Submitted by lrstevens421 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 22, 2004

Bottom Line:
I am not an audiophile by any means but I know good sounding speakers when I hear them. These speakers put an end to the myth that bookshelf speakers are as dynamic as towers. These speakers are truly amazing. I especailly like the glossy black cabinet, very classy looking. This is Polk's top of line bookshelgf speaker and it shows. The January issue of Sound & Vision helped in my decision making process. Although speakers is something you'll probably want to listen to before buying, I'm glad I took the advice in the article. These speakers are ppwered by a Yamaha RX-V1400 reciever at 100wpc and they never crack at any volume. You can read my review on the reciever as well. I also love the size of the center channel speaker
it's width of 21 inches looks great on top of my television not to mention the crisp dialogue that it puts out. And yes it video shielded.

I haven't even begun to discuss the subwoofer yet. My package came with the PSW-505 12 inch subwoofer from polk. Wow this baby really kicks. I have a basement apartment and the tenants on the second floor can feel the vibrations. On paper the sub is only 300 watts but it feels more like 600. If you're looking for a good sub/sat system and you're welling to shell out almost $2000 this is the system for you.

Purchased At:   J&R

Submitted by hjscmu a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 8, 2004

Bottom Line:
Excellent...simply excellent.
Speakers are gorgeous and sound absolutely flawless.
Mine are driven by an HK525 receiver and they are perfect for each other.
They have never distorted in the least at any volume.
When friends come over, they can not believe how clear, accurate, and powerful the sound is.
It's better than going to the movies..really..because I've got the BEST seat in the house with no obnoxious idiots around me!
Simply awesome - blows any stupid Bose product out.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield

Submitted by ftn32696 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 10, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is the first system I bought after reading many reviews by users. And I am very pleased with them. They sound amazing in every situation I have used them. The firrst movie scene that I played with them was "Episode I"'s asteroid chase, and it was perfect from the high tones all the way down to the bass reproduction. And I listen to a wide variety of music and all of it sounded amazing. I would recomend this system to anyone who can fit it in to their budget.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield online

Submitted by turbogsrhatch a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 28, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased this system after doing a bit of research. These speakers are unbelieveable. The clarity is wonderful, I compared these to a friends Bose system, needless to say he returned the Bose and got the 7600 like myself. These speakers are a bit bulky, but well worth it. The gloss outside is very classy looking, but does leave fingerprints very easily. In short, they are perfect.

Purchased At:   Crutchfield

Submitted by Hawk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought this system after doing a lot of research on speakers (who hasn't right??). I wanted a system that would handle both Theater as well as Audio. With these babies I got both.

First for the audio: I popped in Eric Clapton Unplugged and these speakers were amazing. Clear, crisp, rich sound reproduced exceptionally. You could hear Clapton pluck the strings on his guitar. The sound produced blew me away. I never expected these speakers to perform so well on the audio end - it was a great surprise. The London Philharmonic’s rendition of Pink Floyd sounded just as good. This CD was the true test for these speakers and they passed with flying colors as every note at every range was clearly reproduced by these speakers. The 5 ½ midrange on all the sats and (2) on the center do a great job. The sound is very, very natural. The large center is a plus and handles the notes very well.

Now for the fun stuff: I popped in the Matrix and the speakers just rocked. In the lobby shootout scene, the sound of the shells hitting the floor was remarkably crisp. On the roof- top (slow motion scene with the bullets wizzing by), the surround really showed its stuff as it did in the battle scene in the Gladiator. When I really want to show off these speakers, I pop in the THX display at the beginning of the new Star Wars and these speakers just shake the house. The bass is a monster - just ask my neighbors. When I tried out these babies on the street-racing scene in the Fast and the Furious, I felt that I was in the car.
The sats and the center have a 5 1/2 mid that is critical for these speaker's success. The bass is very powerful. Together this system perfectly blends the whole sonic range remarkably well. I have been very happy with this system. I have an HK receiver that puts out a lot of power and these speakers handle every bit of it! On the negative side, they are bulky and require solid stands if you don’t want to mount them on the wall. All in all, a very small price to pay for the performance that you get out of them. I highly recommend them!

My System: