Polk Audio RM6600 Home Theater Speaker Systems

4.72/5 (89 Reviews) MSRP : $1179.00

5.1 sattelite/subwoofer system

Submitted by fasted64 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
These are great speakers. They sound great for their small size. 10 times better than the Bose.

Purchased At:   New York Wholesaler

Submitted by Trance a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 17, 2003

Bottom Line:
Sounds Great !! Cant immagine speakers this size sounding better. Very clean, warm , smooth and loud . Paired with a good Sub like POLK PSW-350 you wont need anything else. For the size and price these are the best.

Purchased At:   Online

Submitted by Jimmy a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have owned the RM6600 series satellite speakers since July of '02. They are paired with Polk's PSW350 sub in my HomeTheater package.
The sound is rich, full and satisfying. I have taken people to the Circuit City speaker room, and had the salespeople switch off from the various speaker systems (Bose and others), and every single one chose the POlk RM6600's as their fave. I have had many friends in my home for "test-drives" and three so far have gone out and purchased their own!
Watching/listening to a DVD in DTS is inspiring with these babies, and Diana Krall sounds terrific in her "Live from Paris" DVD.

Submitted by hoffmannstam a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2003

Bottom Line:
This is a follow up review from my March 18, 2002 commentary. I'm still 100% satisfied!!! No regrets and no looking back. I frequent the big retailers - you know; CC, Best Buy, HH Gregg, etc., often just to satisfy in my own mind that this was the right purchase (even after 10 months!!!) These are by far still the best $$$ to sound value on the market.
If you want big theater sound for under $1,000 this set-up is for you. Additionally, if you have the option of stepping up in the sub-woofer category the PSW650 is definitely the way to go. The 2 10" drivers give you the tight solid punch without the slop. This makes it even more appealling when you switch from Home Theater to conventional Home Audio. While you may not be happy with these speakers playing heavy metal or rock music, they do tend to give a satisfying warm response to smooth jazz, vocals, and easy listening. Although they are not my old KEF 104/2's they have become a great versatile around system.

Submitted by cap893536 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2003

Bottom Line:
I purchased these are Circuit City but returned them after almost 4 weeks. The main problem with these speakers is the tweeter. I was using a Yamaha receiver and I thought that was the problem so I purchased a Onkyo TX-SR600 - supposedly a very smooth sounding forgiving receiver but it did not relieve the tweeter problem. Annoying and fatigueing after extended listening. I just couldn't live with them. I was using a Infinity Entra Sub with them - very musical sub. Lots of people love this package but ultimately I couldn't live with it for an extended period of time.

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Anyone experienced Polk RM6600 home theater speakers?

I swear everyday I find new products that I might like to have for my first home theater setup. Recently, I've been looking into getting some RM6600 (or possibly the 6700's if I want to spend some more cash) and a matching Polk powered subwoofer. I can get just the satellites brand new for under $ ... Read More »