Klipsch Quintet III
Description: <ul> <li>Frequency Response: Satellite: 110Hz-23kHz +/- 3dB</li> <li>Power Handling: Satellite: 50 watts</li> <li>Sensitivity: Satellite: 90.5dB</li> <li>Tweeter: One .75"</li> <li>Midrange: One 3.5"</li> </ul>

Submitted by ajfuni a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: May 3, 2010

Bottom Line:
Bought the quintet 3 surround sound and it was $150 dollars cheaper then Best Buy. A hundred times better then what I had. For the price you cant beat it.

Submitted by r0k a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2009

Bottom Line:
I purchased a Samsung HTIB system that came with little plastic speakers. When listening to music, I could barely hear anything but the sub. Even on movies in 5.1, the Samsung speakers did not cut it. I was concerned that the HTIB speakers were 3 ohms but these Klipsch speakers were 8 ohms. I went down to Best Buy and got them to hook up the Klipsch instead of the stock speakers with the Samsung BD-HT1250 they had on display. What a difference! Now I listen to Movies, Netflix and Pandora and have full sound in all 3 situations. I have to pay a visit to the DSP menu and switch modes to surround or music as required but the speakers perform well and I would recommend them for a small to medium sized room. Our room is 18 x 13 and these speakers perform well when used along with the subwoofer that came with the Samsung HTIB system. I would imagine adding a Klipsch sub would make it even better, but I'm satisfied with the sound I'm getting by simply replacing the 5.0 HTIB plastic speakers with these heavier and more efficient Klipsch speakers.

The system I was replacing was a floor standing 12 inch woofer, 8 inch midrange, horn tweeter Left and Right speakers, with an infinity center speaker and off-brand surround speakers. Going from 3 way speakers to those cheesy plastic Samsung HTIB speakers was asking too much for my ear. These Klipsch speakers perform very well and while they aren't quite as loud as the old floor speakers, they take up a lot less space. For they space they require and the power they require, these speakers are an excellent value.

Other options I considered were Polk RM75, Mirage Nanosat Prestige 5 and Bose Acustomass 10 systems. The Mirage and Bose were more expensive and didn't provide that much better sound. The Polk did not sound as good as the Klipsch. For a total out of pocket under $1K, I have an excellent blu-ray home theater system with steaming netflix and small, unobtrusive yet well performing speakers. I couldn't be happier. Well, ok, if I had another $5k in my budget, I suppose I could be happier. But for the money I spent, I am quite content. The Klipsch Quintet III speakers worked very well for me and I recommend them highly for upgrading those plastic HTIB speakers that ship with a lot of newer systems these days.

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by TCKLMAN a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2008

Bottom Line:
These speakers were great for movie watching and video game playing. I was really impressed. The stand/wall mounts came in extra handy and were easy to adjust. I would suggest this product to anyone who is new to home theater or limited for space. The compact design was a major plus. As I mentioned great for movies and video games>>>NOT and I repeat not acceptable for music listening. If this is not a priority for your speakers than be my guest to purchase. If you value your music, search else where.

Purchased At:   Best Buy

Submitted by snipcod a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
These speakers sound pretty nice for what they are. Not much bass to be had but I was not really counting on that. They are clean sounding with good range. The only thing I don’t care for is the center. It sounds boxy and kinda flat to me. Other then that it seems like a vary nice system for people who cant spend 1000's or just dont have any room.

Purchased At:   Best Buy