Harman Kardon HKTS 5 Home Theater Speaker Systems

4.4/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $329.99

Harman/Kardon HKTS 5 Home Theater Speaker System

Submitted by Sean a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 11, 2003

Bottom Line:
I bought this speaker system for my home theater and for movies and T.V. they just sound great! I couldn't ask for a better set of speakers for the money. But I am somewhat disappointed how they sound with music. The treble is high and crisp, and as noted by other reviewers the bass is outstanding! The sub can really pound out some impressive bass! But I am not happy with the midrange for music. It seems to be overpowered by the bass and treble. But I am going to get a small pair of JBL bookshelf speakers for music!

Submitted by tslay a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 5, 2003

Bottom Line:
I'm just beginning to get into home audio. I talked to one of my friends who had some experience with home audio and he said these speakers rock for the price. I didnt really beleieve him at first, but I got them and now I'm really happy. I did some shopping and I got a digital 5.1 reciever (JVC RX-6010V) and speakers with a powered sub for just about $300 wires and all. The only problem is now im hooked and I want more power. If you are starting off with your home theater system I highly recommend these speakers.

Purchased At:   U-bid

Submitted by vfunk a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 9, 2002

Bottom Line:
the harman/kardon HKTS-5 system was very nice out of the box...great set and a steal at this price! they are selling it for even less on ubid now! great sound from the satellites...and the bass from the sub is THUNDERING!!! shakes my whole house and you can hear it from the street...thats with it turned up little over half way. i would put this over any system youd see at best buy or circuit city other than bose. this is a must have for $150.

Purchased At:   ubid

Submitted by rayabt4 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2002

Bottom Line:
Its not bose but fot the money Its rocks.
I think its the best system you could buy for the buck. I use this with a Harmon Kardon AVR 310 Reciver and the sound is so clean. I Spent less than a Grand for my set up and sound better than any one you can buy at cosco. Oh has a Powered sub. Bose AM10 dont have a Powered sub and its $900 bucks no thanks

Purchased At:   Circuit City

Submitted by Aron a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 27, 2002

Bottom Line:
While I consider myself an audiophile, my bank account disaggrees. This system is of excellent quality for entry level. It is an upgrade from my previous magnavox.

Purchased At:   Circuit City