Cambridge Soundworks MC305
Description: A compact but powerful main speaker, the Newton MC305 uses two 4-inch midrange drivers and a new 1-inch Danish designed aluminum-dome tweeter. To make the best use of the new tweeter, its crossover has also been redesigned using a new topology which results in a phase accurate crossover with a reduced component count. This improvement means the MC305 articulates subtle nuances better than its predecessor, the original MC300. <br> <br>Features: <br> <br>Three driver, two-way acoustic suspension speaker system <br>Two 4-inch molded-composite diaphragm bass drivers <br>1-inch aluminum dome tweeter with Neodymium magnet <br>Compatible with receivers or amplifiers rated from 10 to 150-watts per channel <br>Magnetically shielded <br>Matching Newton Series floor stands are available <br>Dimensions: 13.25"H x 5.25"W x 6"D <br>Available in Midnight Black satin finish <br>

Submitted by JamHandMan a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 4, 2009

Bottom Line:
I recently purchased the MC305s to upgrade my Ensemble III Home Theater. I only upgraded the Front Left, Right, and Center speakers and kept the surrounds as Ensemble IVs. After hooking up the MC305s all I can say is wow. Everything sounds like I’m hearing it for the first time.

I also have the P1005 sub to handle the low end and the ability of these speakers to blend sound with the sub is phenomenal. I can’t even tell that sound is coming from the sub, something I used to notice with my Ensemble III set.

Center Channel performance is great, voices are heard clearly and with depth. It doesn’t sound compressed or too harsh when people talk. Also, at low volume I am still able to hear what people are saving, these speakers are very sensitive.

I could go on and on, but the only way to really understand is to listen to these speakers. I’m really impressed.

My minuses are setting up the center speaker’s stand and the rubber feet. It was very difficult for me to put the rubber feet in to the stand. Took me about 15 minutes to get that part done. For the rubber feet, two of the feet one on the Left and one on the Right channel, did stick to the speaker well and kept falling off. Neither of these issues mattered to me after I cranked the volume on my SC-05.

Picture of setup here - http://s1023.photobucket.com/albums/af358/jamhandman/
This is a great speaker and you can’t go wrong! I’m going to save up to get two more to replace the surrounds!

Product model year:   2009