Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III Home Theater Speaker Systems

4.33/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $699.00

• five video-shielded, single-cube satellite speakers; each speaker has one 2-1/2" driver
  • powered Acoustimass bass module with one 5-1/4" high-excursion woofer
  • automatic protection circuitry prevents damage from electrical stress
  • recommended power 10-150 watts with receivers rated from 4 to 8 ohms
  • cubes: 3-1/8"W x 3-1/8"H x 4-1/8"D; bass module: 8-1/4"W x 16-5/16"H x 22-3/8"D

Submitted by AudioCritik a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 2, 2011

Bottom Line:
All major speaker manufacturers keep coming up with new products, while Bose stays with the main range of its products simply because it still sells like hell! Having said that, people are not silly to fall for mere marketing especially when they have access to product reviews and technical information like never before... think about it!
I have owned Bose AM16, AM10, 301, AM3 models in the past. I love owning and trying various brand products and have owned very nice speaker systems from Polk, KEF, JBL, Boston Acoustics and Jamo paired up with large subs from REL, Jamo and Yamaha. I can honestly say that Acoustimass 6 Series III is the most impressive speaker system I have owned for the size and in its price. It is very important to note that I have always hooked my speakers with good receivers from Onkyo, Yamaha or Denon. In my opinion, Bose speakers match best with Onkyo receivers. I am currently using AM6 with Onkyo TXSR805 THX receiver in 16'X12' room which is an absolutely stunning combination and is miles better than Cinemas I have been to; just awesome experience.
As an electronics engineer, I can go on about limitations of small speakers and advantages of larger speaker systems, but I believe that movies and music are meant for entertainment and Bose AM6 III does the job better than most speaker systems out there; ears being the best judge.

Submitted by bishopknight72 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 5, 2008

Bottom Line:
This system is outstanding for my room. My room is about 11x14. I have tried many sets of speakers, kef, paradigm, polk and to be honest the clarity of sound from these is amazing. Whether the imaging of the sound and all the technical jargon is accurate i don't know...probably not, i am no expert in the field of sound dynamics. What i do know is these fill my room with sound and i love em for that. I have it paired with a pioneer VSX-918V receiver. So i don't quite think you should pay 999 for them, but it is an investment and for what i paid, i couldn]t have asked for better. Also i tried the am-10's and i actually preferred the sound of these more.....guess i am just weird like that...lol

Purchased At:   Futureshop

Submitted by Sono a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 2, 2005

Bottom Line:
I have had many speakersystem over the years, spending way to much money selling and buying new speakers and equipments...

Moving in wiyh my girlfriend i knew that my floorstanding speakers wasnt moving with me...so i was looking for new speakers again...this time they had to be small, , i checked out several brands but in the end it beacame Bose that i bought.

I have read that it is crap both in hometheater and in music, they were right aboute one thing, Bose AM 6 doesnt sound that good in music...BUT with hometheater it sounds really great, bass and surround it sounds exellent, exactly the way i was looking for.

Small speaker that sounds big even at low volumes.

Playing Pro-Logic2 sounds much better with Bose than other brands, i have no idea why?
But it does.

Purchased At:   Sthlm

Submitted by Ron_Elec_Tech a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 29, 2004

Bottom Line:
As an Electronic Technologist by trade, and a sound man for a church worship band, I was expecting more from this Bose product. To be fair, I have just switched over from bookshelf 3-way Celestion mains, a PSB centre, and a pair of PSB rear surrounds (my listening area is not very large - about 12 ft. x 12 ft.)

I therefore expected that there would be somewhat of a tradeoff in total frequency response in a sat/sub system.

However, I found the Bose AM6 system to be lacking too much in the mid to lower midrange frequencies.

The very low bass in the sub frequencies was OK. But if you do a fair bit of music listening as well as movie watching, this system will likely not impress you. I tried the system out for over a month, and have returned it in exchange for a Polk RM6750 system which I am currently trying out.

Purchased At:   Future Shop (in CDN

Submitted by quinonesalex a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 15, 2004

Bottom Line:
Outstanding Sound From Virtual Invisible Speaker
I have to said it again Bose did it a affordable Home Theater Speakers, This AM6III they rule Virtually Invisible and so Small you can hide then anywhere in your house or put then in stands either way they have a great outstanding sound don't let the size of the speaker or the price fool you they new module is great simple hook up and a Power Sub that have a fully functional crossover were you can adjust your high and low frequencies in the module it self the sound quality is great real crispy life like sound nice and clear sound and they can bang big time this speaker. I can play then as loud or soft as you like and the sound quality is the same soft or loud this speakers are the best ones I ever got for under $700 Dollars can not go wrong with this speakers making your mom and pop speakers look stupid and acoustically challange.The future of home audio and home theater now is in small speakers that can be place anywhere were they look and sound good this speakers make big speaker look real bad trust me I love all type of speakers as long as they sound good but this ones have catch my eye and ears and I strongly recommend then to any one who looks for fully functional speakers for home audio and personal movie theaters, If you are looking for speakers that sound great and look good this are the ones you want...

Purchased At:   Boscovs