Bose Acoustimass 16 Home Theater Speaker Systems

Submitted by Rene a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: November 18, 2015

Bottom Line:
After reading reviews on different sites with comments and try to heard actual sound of Bose Acousticmass 15 series iii supported with Onkyo TX-NR727 at the bose authorized dealer shop, Wow! Sound amazing….. I bought right away the two units Onkyo TX-NR727 185w/channel + Bose Acousticmass 15 series iii that match with quality sound….I am not a Bose fanatic nor audiophile expert but I love it the way it is, boomy Bass and the Creepy sound coming from different small speaker arrays a clear vocal sound with THX for movie, for the first time I did not appreciate the sound but after a long time of tune up or adjustment finally I found the right tunes to blow you away…..To those who are against with bose sorry may be we hear it differently but I love the Sound.

Submitted by John Kennedy a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2012

Bottom Line:
Terible sound!
I highly recomend not spending $1,000.00 or more for a piece of crap speaker that sounds like an old lady yelling at me. Dont buy this or your money goes down the toilet!
This is why it sound terible...
1. Not clear
2. Its only loud because of so much static
3. It cracks too much
4. The name is retarded
If you want good speakers get Klipsch or any other Klipsch brand, Yamaha, Pioneer, or Polk Audio. Now have a great day everyone!

Submitted by John Wa a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 9, 2011

Bottom Line:
very very good speakers,the tiny cubes go from 1khz to 8khz and the module from 20hz to 1khz so all you need to do is just add a tweeter pumping from 8khz to 20khz and all you'll need is a powerful receiver and a bowl of popcorn,sit back and enjoy!!!

Submitted by Ziaphile a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 8, 2010

Bottom Line:
I am a serious audiophile, I recently purchased a Bose AM16. Here is a very accurate & unbiased experience.
The size & configuration are good. It is an excellent subwoofer giving a very low down, accurate, un directional & bass with no driver fatigu fit for music & movies. The cubes are a real compromise lacking in the high frequency & low mid frequence response but above average performance in terms of the size & placing versatility.
A graphic equalizer can be used to improve the situation if you are music listener, specially Jazz.
These speakers are not meant for serious music experience but does justice to movie watching.

Submitted by beasty1976 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 30, 2009

Bottom Line:
Best Surround set ever!
Great sound! Perfect for movies and also ideal for music.
The Bose set produces a very warm sound en can blast every simelar set away.
I use this set in combination with a Denon avr3806 and a Denon 3910 dvd player, take you're time to adjust all the settings, tis is very important, if not done well the sound will be very, I mean very very poor! The active subwoofer is powerfull, the bass settings on my receiver are set to -4, otherwise my house is shaking when put on in high volume.

I can recomend this set to everyone, the sound is great and the desing is superb, I'm shure you can find better sound for 1900Euro, but I'm not willing to mess up my interiour by some big fat speakers.

I find it very strange that people wright bad reviews for this system, I think they never have seen/hear them or they probebly connect them on a very bad receiver... don't forget, there are people who say everything is bad they can't pay!

VTI: