Yamaha NS-1000 Floorstanding Speakers

4.76/5 (96 Reviews) MSRP : $1900.00

Submitted by andrew a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 28, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have a pair of the yahama ns1000 monitor speakers that i would like to sell. They're great speakers just not for a small townhouse. :(

Submitted by Ted a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 8, 2015

Bottom Line:
I have bought and sold a lot of vintage speakers over the years, Bose-901s, Klipsch, Advent, IMF TLS-80s,Polk Audio, Pioneer C99As,You name it. Nothing but nothing can compare with the Yamaha NS1000s. When I first hooked them up( to a cheapo Sony no less) I knew something special was going on! Then hooked them up to my Marantz Quad Radial 4300 and my jaw dropped! Couldn't believe what I was hearing. From the lowest volume all the way through rampage there was no difference in sound quality & Clarity whatsoever! AMAZING Speakers!! I am using my IMF TLS-80s right now but on the lookout for the Yamaha's again!

Submitted by B.A. a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 21, 2015

Bottom Line:
These were stored in finished basement (dry, 55 deg) for 15 yrs. Too heavy to get upstairs. Finally got them & the B2 installed & working. Wonderful.

Android, the Note 3, & Pandora were not even a dream when these we we built.

Better than the best headphones...

Submitted by Joe a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 13, 2015

Bottom Line:
I bought these back when I worked at a stereo shop, possibly the same one as Elliot N. I have tried to replace them with something smaller for years but can't find the nerve to do it. And, I haven't found anything that sounds as sweet. I built stands with wheels because the ebony cabinets are just too heavy. Without a doubt the best speaker ever made.

Submitted by Char Lee S a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: March 11, 2015

Bottom Line:
They were listed for $25 on Las Vegas craigslist, then the price was changed to $50. I offered to double the asking price. Sure enough the seller called me after one day to pick them up. hehehe

The cabinets need hospitalization, but can be remedied with minor patching and spray paint. I cleaned them up and fixed the dented metal grills. I plugged then in my receiver... o boy, what a jewels I found! I hit the jackpot! All speaker drivers are intact. From the high prequency to low, they sound crystal clear and solid! No separate subwoofer needed. I listen and enjoyed twicking the high and midrange adjustments for an hour. After another additional hour listening to them, I would say these speakers are classic musical equipments, still surviving and giving great pleasure after 35 years of their existance. Highly recommend.