Wharfedale XR-4000 Floorstanding Speakers

• Nominal Impedance: 6ohm
  • Sensitivity: 90dB

Submitted by ucwepn a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 22, 2010

Bottom Line:
Hi all I picked the units up last year to run from my pioneer vsx819, good clean sound for the price ( i got them for $298 the pair at jb hifi), quite loud and decently clear at all types of jobs, have high def pay tv box and ps3 connected via hdmi and it sounds great. have xarus 1000 as rears in same setup and infinity centre speaker running 2 subs a yamaha yst sw030 and a jamo sub 200. Its a bits and pieces system but sounds ok to my ears after some tweaking and really loud and bassy for movies and games also lends itself well to the occasional music session, as its my 1st real system, The xarus 4000 are a loud and clear speaker which can really surprise with their sound although not in the class of wharfedales higher end speakers such as diamonds these offer good value for money and can take a bit of punishment. Great entry level speakers, some would describe these as only party speakers but the probably have not experienced them as they are more than that they create a decent soundstage and offer some amount of accuracy. i have had these for around 12 months never had a problem and am very happy with them, an upgrade from these for me would be in the over $1000 range (something in the diamond 10 series)

Product model year:   2009

Submitted by Dutchie a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 10, 2008

Bottom Line:
I originally looked at these abou 2 1/2 years ago when they were selling for $700 a pair and decided to hold onto my old Bose 301.

Glad I did cause I picked these up today for nearlt half the price.
I actually also purchased the XR 1000 as well as these will be may rear speakers replacing my old Dali Sats.

All I can say is this package is simply awesome. Sure there might be better speakers, and I did test these against Dali Concept 6 & 8, and Wharfedale Concept 8.4, I actually liked the sound of these speakers so much more.

SHear power and bass is exceptional. They nicely compliment my Velodyne CT120 Sub and Kef 100 Centre.

THese are a wonderul speaker and well worth considering especially if you can pick them up in a sale.

Purchased At:   JB Hifi