Wharfedale Valdus 300 Floorstanding Speakers

3.5/5 (4 Reviews) MSRP : $400.00

Front Ported Bookshelf Speaker with one 8 inch Woofer

Submitted by anton santini a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 6, 2003

Bottom Line:
Good performance with high and mid frequency. Good quality for the price.
in my house they work with a carver amplifier 70wx2.

Submitted by theunbound1 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 2, 2002

Bottom Line:
i have a whole valdus se set with 500's 300's and the valdus center.....ok bass shy someone said..heck yea, what bass?? these speakers are great for surrounds with the 400's or 500's as mains though. they have the beautifull sounding valdus tweeter though and they go pretty low into the midrange band. they seem to fill in the sound that a lot of speakers that cost much more leave out and handle a lot of power with ease. they blend in with any speaker and distribute sound evenly throughout the room which makes them perfect surround speakers. the enclosure is easily dented but looks nice enough.

Submitted by Michael a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2001

Bottom Line:
A good overall speaker with quality sound in the high/mid range. Some people may be disapointed in the bass quality.

Even though my speakers have not been broken in yet, I think that they may be bass shy compared to most other speakers their size. If you're not familiar with them or the Valdus series you may be disappointed. Also, they terminate with small spring clips. No binding posts for thick cables. The company (Wharfedale) is recommending the 300s as mini system upgrades, or for midi. I think they make superb mains if on a budget, or outstanding surrounds.

If you have a subwoofer (or plan to get one) these speakers are hard to beat in the price/performance catagory.

I am using them as my main speakers now, but plan to move them to surrounds as soon as I purchase the Valdus 400 or 500 as fronts.

I have these speakers hooked to a Kenwood vr4080 receiver and so far, I am very pleased... Who wouldn't be when I only paid $41.00 for the pair and $25.00 in shipping!!

Purchased At:   Auction

Submitted by S Lourens a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a good speaker that dellivers crisp sound at any volume, but don't expect to much bass. WARNING: use a proper amp with these speakers. I used them with a second rate amp (I won't give the name) and I thought that I wasted my money. I then got a proper amp and these speakers came alive. Only when I moved to a bigger house did I feel the need for more sound. They now work together with 2 Valdus 400's and 2 Modus one-three's and the sound is brilliant. This is where their true worth comes through; as fill in speakers.

Purchased At:   Retail store