Wharfedale EVO-20 Floorstanding Speakers

6.5" Kevlar driver, 1" textile dome tweeter, 6 ohm impedance, 87dB sensitivity.

Submitted by Timothy46 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 6, 2009

Bottom Line:
I am using Pacific Evolution 20 for stereo and I am very pleased with how they sound. They are very accurate with a very natural tone. I agree with the previous review in all the points, if you want a very deep bass you should probably get a subwoofer but in general they can reproduce all the frequencies with precision and control even at higher volumes.

I run them with Marantz PM7200KI and they go together superbly. Their rated power handling is 25-150w which is a lot for 2-way speaker of their size. For stereo in bigger rooms i would recommend evo30 or evo40 which i also listened to..they have a lot more bass.

Mine are in rosewood piano finish veener and they look outstanding. Definetly one of the most beautiful speakers in this price range with very good build quality.

Submitted by RODK a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2009

Bottom Line:
I DECIDE TO WRITE THIS REVIEW,AFTER SEARCING THE WEB AND NOT BEING ABLE TO FIND A REVIEW ON THESE SPEAKERS.I PURCHASED THESE EVO 20 SPEAKERS OFF EBAY,FOR 350.00.I BELIEVE THE LIST PRICE IS ABOUT 1000.00.I AM FOUND OF BRITSH SPEAKERS.I HAVE THESE AS MY FRONT AND MISSION E52 S AS REAR AND BOSTON HPS 10HO SUB.THE EVO 20 IS 35IN.FLOOR STANDER.THE BASS IS SUPRISING TIGHT WITH QUITE GOOD EXTENSION FROM A 6.5 DRIVER.BUT WOULD RECOMEND A SUB.THE HIGHS ARE CRISP AND GOOD,WITH OUT SOUNDING TINNY.I WAS HOPING THESE HIGH WOULD BE LIKE PAST WHARFEDALE MODELS I OWNED,AND THEY ARE EVEN BETTER THAN EXPECTED.OVER ALL I AM PLEASED WITH THESE SPEAKERS AND PLAN ON KEEPING THEM FOR QUITE SOMETIME.IF YOU LIKE BRITISH SPEAKERS,GIVE THESE A LISTEN.I WOULD RATE QAULITY BETTER THAN OTHERS IN THIS PRICE RANGE.

Product model year:   2008