Wharfedale Diamond VI Floorstanding Speakers

4.6/5 (5 Reviews) MSRP : $249.00

Bass reflex 5 3/8in woofer, 5/8in tweeter

Submitted by Aaron Martin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 17, 2001

Bottom Line:
these are wonderful little speakers, i am very very impressed with them, i am using them as my rear speakers and somehow feel like i am not doing them justice, they are joined by a pair of wharfedale valdus 400's.

great speakers, go out and buy some!

Purchased At:   second hand

Submitted by Mike Jarve a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 7, 1999

Bottom Line:
I have the Diamond 6R, and it is a terrific speaker, I can't think of much better in the $250/pair price range. Mine are rated for 100 watts programme, but they have no trouble handling my 185 watt/chan Marantz receiver. Clear mid-range, tight bass, but small coulourations and slightly on the bright side when used with a neutral amp. They are to die for as monopole surrounds in my Dolby Digital setup. I have MANY other speakers ranging in price from a few hundered to 3 kilo-bucks and I would have to say that these were the biggest value.

Submitted by Seth Parker a a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 30, 1997

Bottom Line:
I have an older pair (diamond v?) since 1992 (or so) and they are terrific little speakers, great value for money (typically British). Clear, some coloration, best in small rooms and near the corners (for bass reinforcement). Does anyone have suggestions for mating these gems (pun intended) with subwoofers? I don't want to overwhelm them with a huge subwoofer. What crossover works best? These would rate 5 stars if value was a criteria.

Duration Product Used:   a Casual Listener

Submitted by jackie a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 18, 1997

Bottom Line:
when i had recently purchased the diamond 6 speakers from wharfedale i was very happy about my purchase. these speakers sounded excellent in my cramped little dorm room. the lows and highs were crisp and the bass was as punchy as tyson. overall these speakers were a steal. good thing i stole them.

Submitted by Jon Schmidt a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 24, 1997

Bottom Line:
I purchased a set of 4 of these tried-and-true studio monitors from the Audio Advisor on the East Coast a couple of months ago. They are currently closing them out at $150.00/pair. I use these speakers with a JBL G-Sub 10" sub-woofer and I couldn't be happier with them. They do a great job in faithfully reproducing the delicate highs of jazz and classical. Very crisp and clear. They are very efficient as well. The workmanship is good and the drivers/crossovers are well designed. They have the classic European deep cabinets and are ported in front. They reproduce well from very low to fairly high levels. I do not listen to hard rock and I don't think these speakers will do very well with that type of music. Highly recommended!