Vo Achamadden 9.1 Floorstanding Speakers

4.5/5 (8 Reviews)

Submitted by Gene C a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
I think these are kinda ugly now, but they sounded so amazing and looked so cool 4 years ago I HAD to get them.

Submitted by DJ Jay a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: January 3, 2001

Bottom Line:
I've seen this speaker and isn't the 'box' some sort of ceramic?

Submitted by Hellen Bay a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: December 12, 1999

Bottom Line:
My fiancee and I purchased these about a month ago. They sound so good I have to have them on -playing something- all the time! I previously had a pair of Paradigm Eclipse speakers (highly regarded I beleive) but had to replace them with something smaller. The Vö's are a lot smaller but have much bigger sound! Vocals sound so natural, even better than the Nautilus 804s which were second best. The Bass is really amazing. I'm not a big fan of bass usually, but the Achamadden 9.1's are so musical with it.

I wouldn't normally come to a site like this, but I'm just so impressed with my purchase I had to tell someone! :)

These speakers would not be great for an apartment or a small room. They're also insanely expensive. Costs aside these are the PERFECT speakers!

Submitted by Huang Li a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
I got these in the summer, floor modeal, for 3800. Still too expensive IMHO. I put them on stands but they don't need them. They are perfect with everything, nothing sounds bad except bad sounding recordings. Try to find them cheap!!!

Submitted by Jamal Taylor a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 2, 1999

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers when I auditioned them - they blew all the other speakers I had listened to (above) away! They didn't have the over analitical sound of the NHT and Theils, but were more detailed than the Paradigms. The PSBs didn't have any life to them and the B&Ws were NOT a good value (they look much cheaper than they are, in Canada at least). The Vo's were perfect from the bottom to the top and also aren't picky about electronics and placement. The store was using Marantz monoblocks, I use a Bryston - they sound great with both!

I got mine for $5500 CND, a bit on the expensive side. But I think I've found the perfect speaker.