VMPS Mini Tower IIa Floorstanding Speakers

4.83/5 (6 Reviews) MSRP : $479.00

3 way w/ 2 10in woofers, 5in mid, 2 1in tweeters

Submitted by Alexendra a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 26, 2007

Bottom Line:
I have never used this type of speaker in my life, although I have used so many speaker like Pioneer HPM-150, Infinity RS-6000, Tannoy, JBL-L112, JBL-L150, Infinity SM-150. But this is Marvellous. The sound is supurb. The super tutor is very great.

Purchased At:   singapore

Submitted by Doug a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 7, 2001

Bottom Line:
This review is for the VMPS Tower 2 anniversary editions. I recently purchased these speakers to replace a pair of Acoustat spectra 22's I had owned for 10 years. I had thought about replacing the acoustats several times but everytime I listened to other speakers, then came home I just could'nt part with the electrostatics. I listened to the VMPS speakers just on a whim, while I was purchasing a center channel for my home theater system, and was blown away by their sound. I first purchased one of the VMPS subwoofers the "smaller subwofer" and it was definitely the best subwoofer I have ever heard. I used a nht sa-2 to power it. But then I decided to trade the subwoofer back in, retire the acoustats and get the tower 2's. These speakers play clear, have excellent efficiency, they just plain sound great. The cabinets are coverd in real oak, are lined on the inside with a speacial spray on sound absorbant and are basically built like a tank. And, you can call the company and talk to the owner/designer directly. I would definitly suggest if you are looking in this price range you find a pair of these and listen to them, this is alot of speaker for the money.

Purchased At:   Today's Audio

Submitted by Allan a an Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 29, 1999

Bottom Line:
Have owned these speakers since 1993. I auditioned over a hundred speakers before purchasing the Mini Tower IIa's and I've never been sorry. To this day they sound better than any speaker I've ever heard for natural sound. Currently using them with a Nakamichi AV-7 Receiver that replaces an Onkyo A-807 Integrated Amplifier and tuner. Sounds great with either unit. Great bass, great highs, and the midrange voice is totally uncolored. Highly recommend them if you can still find them.

Submitted by mark stamper a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 2, 1998

Bottom Line:
I have the TowerII special editions and they are the best buy for quality speakers that go LOW and rock as well as play classical wonerfully. They are also very forgiving of what equipment you use. you can spend $5,000 and not get the speakers that these are.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Submitted by John Brode a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: November 6, 1998

Bottom Line:
I have had a pair of vmps tower II special edition speakers for about two years now. I can't say that I have auditioned tons of speakers through the years, but I have listened to a fair number and the vmps are really amazing, especially considering the price. I purchased my speakers in kit form and saved even more money. They are not difficult to assemble, and components are already matched, so you don't need expensive test equipment to align the crossovers. If I were independantly wealthy, I might buy something else, but for anyone who works a regular job and likes to listen to quality music, vmps can't be beat.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile