Triangle Altea EX Floorstanding Speakers

3 Way Bass Reflex Floorstanding Speaker

Submitted by jochenausberlin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 15, 2009

Bottom Line:
I have been looking for the ideal speakers to match my Yarland FV 34CIII-Tube amp. The Yarland is a small, but very nice sounding amp with 2x10 watts output power, which requires speakers with a good efficiency. My budget was about 1200 Euros. I tried a lot of different speakers from Focal, KEF, Canton, Elac and then I discovered the Triangle Speakers at the HIGH END 2009 audio fair in Munich. I was very please by their looks and sound. Back in Berlin, I found a store where I could just carry in my Amp and try the speakers with the amp together for some hours.

And: I was struck by the sound. A clear, crisp, very lively and warm sound. They matched with the tube amp in an ideal way. The quality of sound, the looks, and also the manufacturing quality is great. After 3 hours of listening I bought them straight away from the shop.

At home I am still absolutely happy with these speakers. They ideally transmit I live atmosphere and I also love their sound with my harman kardon transistor amp, which enables them to show their bass power a bit more.

You carefullly have to chose the location, where to put them and also the angle, because the tweeters tend to give you a smaller smeet spot. But if perfectly arranged, these speakers give a deep, warm and very nice soundscape. I have not yet listened to any comparable product in th 1200 Euro (per pair) - range. Give them a try!

Product model year:   2009