Totem Acoustic Hawk Floorstanding Speakers

4.93/5 (15 Reviews) MSRP : $2295.00

5.5" extreme long throw woofer has non-resonant cone and dust cap, dynamic linear suspension for maximum airflow, and patented magnet system. 1” alloy dome tweeter has a flexible linear suspension and special low resonance chambered unit, <35Hz-21kHz ±3dB, 6 ohm impedance, 86dB sensitivity.

Submitted by DVD a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 14, 2017

Bottom Line:
Just want to say that the Totem Hawk Speakers are the best speakers I have ever experienced.

Submitted by G. Macin a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 9, 2017

Bottom Line:
I paid 2,995 the price is not 2,295 as you said.

Submitted by Mike Emery, SF a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 20, 2016

Bottom Line:
I purchased a new pair of Hawks in 2014 from Frank Mauri at Harmony Audio Video in San Francisco. After 3 years, I still give them an extremely high rating. They are far more musical and far more convincing than other speakers tested in their price range (Dynaudio, KEF, AudioPhysic), despite their smallish footprint. I continue to marvel at the extent of bass response and overall tonality. (Please note that setup / room placement is important, even with the Hawks.) These Totems are speakers for every man, woman, and child. Bravo to Vince Bruzzese and the entire team at Totem. Recently I have begun to question whether the sound stage is sufficiently large for my 13' x 30' main room. To address this question, I intend to demo the Totem Forest Signature and the B&W Diamond 804, a considerably more expensive speaker. The challenge, of course, will be to find a better speaker within reasonable size limits and without spending at least $10,000. That endeavor may prove to be a fool's errand.

Submitted by George Darling a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 18, 2012

Bottom Line:
My review is based on a house fire caused by an electrical short in the attic. I have full replacement coverage, and I called my stereo pro to modernize my system. My wife HATES the size of my past (toasted) equipment. This prior equipment is comprised of 25 years of consistent love of listening to music first, then understanding the importance of killer sound from good movies.

Prior to the fire, I had a Denon 5803 powering my Snell C/V front speakers, Snell center, and matching rear Snell THX speakers with a M&K sub. Loved this system.

I call my stereo guy, and tell him the bad news. (Good news to his company). My first Snells were the type E, two way speaker. No matter how much I spent on other Snell's, I missed the simple E series. My brother in law has them now, and they have given us over 25 years of service with just a driver replacement, and they sound great.

Paul at LMC tells me to get the following:
Marnatx 7005 7025 7055 amd tjeor 5005 universal player with the Totem Hawk towers, Tetem TAC in cealing 8" surrounds and a REL T9 Sub.

I have friends with killer systems, and trust me, unless you are cranking music, these Totem Hawks are one of the best speakers I've ever enjoyed. Clean with awesome staging. Best staging I've heard from a two way speaker, maybe the best I've enjoyed at lower volume's.

These are not high decibel rock and roll speakers, but play all my music with clarity. My daughters boyfriend put on a CD, and I heard some clipping on the driver, but it was loud enough prior to his hefty finger on the RTI Tc2 remote.

Love these speakers.

Submitted by Waroroses a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 8, 2012

Bottom Line:
Not the most efficient, but these really sing. I use with a Pathos Classic tube hybrid and I feel like my listening room is a club with live musicians.