Thiel CS7.2 Floorstanding Speakers

• Four-way system
  • 12-inch woofer
  • Extremely rigid mounting for the drivers
  • Higher stiffness and compressive strength

Submitted by todds7 a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 7, 2009

Bottom Line:
I like 'em! They're cool looking and they sound great. How's the detail? Astonishing. I got a great deal on them, picked them up locally in the Seattle area, and have enjoyed them immensely. ALL THE DUCKS need to be in a row to get the most out of these speakers. The last duck to line up for me was a nice single run of Virtual Dynamics Revelation speaker cables w/ spades. Outstanding cables from Calgary, AB. Canucks build some damn fine stereo gear! (Most of my gear is Canadian)

I run 'em with a Classe CDP-1, a Simaudio P5-LE, a Classe CA400 amp and Virtual Dynamics cables. Expensive stuff, but ya gotta have it or you might as well not spring for the speakers. Abundant watts are a sine qua non with these dudes, full stop. But feed 'em well and they'll sing for you. This site has the MSRP listed wrong. They were $17,500 back in the day, FYI.

I've heard that Thiel is a wonderful company to work with. Thankfully I've experienced no problems with these 7.2's whatsoever. I won't bore us with technical details, but if you're interested, there's plenty of info available on Thiel's site for your perusal.

Would you EVER regret buying these? Yes, if you blow your budget on the speakers. Because the fact is, you're going to need some OUTSTANDING associated equipment AND cables! before everything comes together, if you don't believe me just ask me. Associated requirements met, these lovely and amazing speakers will bring glorious music into your home, from intimate trios and solos to full-blown Beethoven symphonies. A great American speaker.

Why the hell hasn't anyone else reviewed these? I feel like I'm alone in a big room. Oh but look at the nice stereo.