Tekton Design Model OB Sigma Floorstanding Speakers

The incorporation of multiple proprietary elements of design and engineering are what clearly sets this speaker apart from every other loudspeaker available today, and raises the bar for the second time in less than a year for Tekton Design.

Submitted by David a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 14, 2017

Bottom Line:
Having read Home Theatre Review of this open baffle speaker I contacted Eric at Tekton and made enquiries about their suitability with my Decware Zen amp because the output is 2 watts per channel. Eric assured me that they would produce a very nice sound at ordinary listening levels when powered by the Zen. I took the plunge after considering open baffle speakers from Emerald Physics and Spatial. I have no regrets. I was told that it would take about 100 hours to break them in. I did start counting but have lost count. I can say however that the sound is continuing to improve. A friend remarked on the clarity, which is a feature of open baffle speakers. Bass is reputed to be a problem however and different designers have approached the problem in different ways. Eric's design does not involve extra electronic and the bass is ample, even with my Decware. Initially my wife was not impressed by the appearance of the speakers but the sound has overcome her reservations. The sound is clear and without distortion. The imagery is convincing as is the depth. Vocals are excellent and natural. Instruments are authentic. They are very musical and convey real emotion. They are in short, everything I hoped for and more. One day, I hope to have a dedicated listening room and will be able to realize the full potential of these speakers. Eric allows a period of time to audition them in your own home. He wants to allow them time to be broken in so that an informed decision can be made.
Home Theatres only reservation with regard to these speakers was the appearance. They gave 5 stars for their performance and 4 stars for value. The price at that time was $3000. They are now on sale at $1750. I am sure that this price makes them 5 stars for value also.
If you are looking for both performance and value I would suggest that you give these speakers and audition.