Tekton Design Model 8.1T Floorstanding Speakers

• 115dB maximum output
  • Top-quality MDF cabinet/bracing materials

Submitted by Rick Hemann a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 16, 2012

Bottom Line:
I've had my Tekton Designs 8.1T speakers over 2 years and am still amazed at how great they sound in such a small package. They are a bit too big for the bookshelf and ear-ported so I suppose they are meant to be small floor-standers (my use) or stand mounted.

I had Polk M10s and a subwoofer and really got tired of feeling the need to re-adjust subwoofer settings. I guess I'm old school but just prefer 2-speaker stereo. When I was looking for speakers there were not too many affordable 2-way choices that did not require a subwoofer. Anyway, I've never felt the need for a subwoofer with these speakers. Believe me, I like my bass but my tone controls are flat and I hear everything.

These are made in the USA and the finish is superb. I got the plain satin black finish and am totally satisfied with them.

I listen to mostly older rock (Yes, Genesis, Pink Floyd) and really like to crank it when the better half is out of the house (and the cat isn't in the room). My amp is an Onkyo A-5VL and CD player is an Onkyo C-S5VL and the Tekton speakers are a great match.

I'll be perfectly happy if this is the only stereo system I have but, if I come into some money, would not hesitate to purchase speakers from Tekton Design again. Since my purchase they have come out with some new designs I would like to try but will always have the 8.1Ts.

Other than being a satisfied customer, I am not affiliated with Tekton Designs in any way.

Product model year:   2007