Technics SB-CR33

Submitted by Keefer a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 28, 2014

Bottom Line:
I bought my pair shortly after I graduated college to pair with a couple Marantz tube amps (1 per side) that my roommate got through his work at a moving / storage place. OMG what a match - supposedly that model of Marantz was only rated at 30 watts but it made lots of really great sounds (and was louder than my current 100 watt solid state system). Eventually I screwed up and let one of the amps fry. I really hadn't used them since (switched to home theater) but recently hooked them up to a little Pyle amp with a phono and a preamp for vinyl and I still gotta say - WOW.... if you can find a pair then I doubt you will be disappointed.

Submitted by Pjh1469 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 10, 2014

Bottom Line:
I was looking for a decent RECIEVER at local yard sales about 8 years ago and found one,I ask to hear it,the guy had the RECIEVER hooked up to a fm tuner and these Technics speakers,they sounded so great I bought the speakers too.
If you have these hooked up to a nice decent RECIEVER with a good CD player you will be amazed! These are absolutely crisp! Nice ear piercing highs and low low bass.I only paid $20.00 for my pair.Dont expect them to shake your house but they are loud,very loud.
I currently have them hooked up to a pro-ject carbon turntable and I love them.

Submitted by michael garrison a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2013

Bottom Line:
I picked up a pair of the SB CR 33s at a thrift sale the other day for $5. They were covered in dirt, mud and bird poop(must have been in a barn) but the cabinets and drivers all looked good so I took them home and cleaned them up. They cleaned up pretty easy. I was suprised how good the sound was for cheaply made speakers. Bass is strong and extended and the over all sound is quite smooth and natural with a nice sense of openness.You can improve the sound by putting some filler inside since they don't come with any. You'll get a tighter sound with even better bass but make sure there is still some air space for the port.These are a rweal sleeper in the low price range IMHO.

Submitted by Mason Mann a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2013

Bottom Line:
I have a pair of technics SB-CR55 3way speaker system and they are awesome crisp sound have a lot of bass and pack a bit of a punch for why they are I love them and I would recommend them for anyone!!

Submitted by Donovan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2010

Bottom Line:
I purchased these a couple months ago at a local Goodwill store for 30 bucks. My brother in law is a big audio and sound guy, and he said these were good. These are my first real nice speakers for my room and let me say these are loud! I purchased a $30 sherwood receiver off craigslist and it pumps out power! The 10 inch subs are loud. You can feel it in the walls all over the house, and my house has thick walls. I am very happy with my purchase. Hope this helps!