Technics SB-CR33

Submitted by michael garrison a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 13, 2013

Bottom Line:
I picked up a pair of the SB CR 33s at a thrift sale the other day for $5. They were covered in dirt, mud and bird poop(must have been in a barn) but the cabinets and drivers all looked good so I took them home and cleaned them up. They cleaned up pretty easy. I was suprised how good the sound was for cheaply made speakers. Bass is strong and extended and the over all sound is quite smooth and natural with a nice sense of openness.You can improve the sound by putting some filler inside since they don't come with any. You'll get a tighter sound with even better bass but make sure there is still some air space for the port.These are a rweal sleeper in the low price range IMHO.

Submitted by Mason Mann a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: February 11, 2013

Bottom Line:
I have a pair of technics SB-CR55 3way speaker system and they are awesome crisp sound have a lot of bass and pack a bit of a punch for why they are I love them and I would recommend them for anyone!!

Submitted by Donovan a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: July 25, 2010

Bottom Line:
I purchased these a couple months ago at a local Goodwill store for 30 bucks. My brother in law is a big audio and sound guy, and he said these were good. These are my first real nice speakers for my room and let me say these are loud! I purchased a $30 sherwood receiver off craigslist and it pumps out power! The 10 inch subs are loud. You can feel it in the walls all over the house, and my house has thick walls. I am very happy with my purchase. Hope this helps!

Submitted by dakatabg a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 12, 2009

Bottom Line:
I bought those speakers from craigslist and they sound decent! They are not the greatest but they are not and the worse. Good speakers with some bass and good highs. They got some power but not much for my amplifier Kenwood! With 2 words good 2 way speakers.

Submitted by debbie gibson a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: June 22, 2003

Bottom Line:
i bought these speakers in late 1999 / early 2000. i'm not an audiophile by any means, so don't get my review wrong here. what i heard was fine. the bass was low enough, the treble was high enough. i mean, what do you expect for about a hundred bucks? not much, i'd assume, so i'll leave it at that. but what i liked is that when i hooked them up, i didn't think "these speakers are crap." i thought, "these sound great." (the first CD i listened to, by the way, was Faith No More's "Album of the Year".)

so try and listen to them before you buy. of course, by now you'd be buying used ("now" is 06/22/03). i don't think you'd be paying much more than $60/pr, so just go for it if you like the way it sounds. after all, for $60 or less, you could put them in your dog's luxury doghouse and not even blink twice. who cares. i don't.

Purchased At:   Circuit City