Technics SB-A28 Floorstanding Speakers

3.94/5 (18 Reviews)

120W RMS - 3 Way

Submitted by Mike a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: September 1, 2015

Bottom Line:
These speakers came with a Technics Rack system purchased back in 1998...
SU-G86 Amplifier/Receiver, SL-PD665 5 disc changer, RS-TR180 Dual Tape deck, Tuner and Eq... 17 years later, with only 1 woofer and 1 tweeter replaced, these speakers are still pounding away and pissing off my neighbors..... And that is at 1/4 volume

Submitted by Peter a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 1, 2014

Bottom Line:
They sound surprisingly good. I guess a lot depends what amplifier you have. I used Denon UD-M50 (35W) and those speakers sounded pretty flat. When I changed for Denon UPA-200 (40W) speakers sound very thick and accurate, bass is moving well!!!

Submitted by choskins a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: June 10, 2002

Bottom Line:
I've been using my speakers for about three years now and I am pleased with there performance. I'm using a amp on these babies thats putting out 150 Watts per channel. I like the sound of these speakers. Although the 12" woofer doesn't move alot, I do get quite a bit of BASS..
They are not the prettiest speakers around but they look o.k and they can take one hell of a beating. The only problem I have experienced with mine is
overheating after a 8 hour party with the amp @ three quarter volume.I'd recommend these speakers to anyone and i'm buying another set for my own use..........For $200.00 Canadian, I can't lose.

Purchased At:   Radio Shack

Submitted by Armageddous a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 6, 2002

Bottom Line:
I bought these speakers for my birthday, and I agree that the woofer doesn't move. But if you like loud, clear and 'room-fillinf' music.. The infestment is well worth it. I love them, and kickin' with my 10" JBL Car subs on my stereo, I can rock ANY of my neighbours

Purchased At:   Radioshack

Submitted by Richard a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 12, 2002

Bottom Line:
Overall good speakers for the price if you like to blast music for parties or other events. There isnt very good sound quality, and they lack bass, which is suprising considering they have 12" woofers. Treble and mids are also not very accurite. Great for maby kids, or to play in loud environments where sound quality will not be noticed.

They were good for the about 3 years or so I used them for, but their use of simply making noise has been exceeded and I got a new pair of Athena AS-F2s to replace them with, now that I realise what good sound is.

Purchased At:   Radioshack