Tannoy Mercury M1 Floorstanding Speakers

4.39/5 (36 Reviews) MSRP : $250.00

Bookshelf Speakers

Submitted by Asif Iqbal a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: September 24, 2016

Bottom Line:
Good value for money.
It has a very heavy sound, dull high, and a solid (too solid) mid. So, I was optimistic about processing the sound a bit and give this speaker an enhancement, which would take it to a height, very few speakers would beat.
Used my PC coupled with a powerful sound processor built in from Creative Audio, and the result was almost as good as one would expect.
Nowhere near my favorites among bookshelves, but, with a bit of tweaking, it comes close to my all time favorites - Canton Karat 20 and the Goodmans Mezzo II.
But, this Tannoy Mercury M1, considering the price and ease of obtaining, will be a better choice for many, who wish to get a good sound without much effort.
Thanks,

Submitted by Didier Pouzet a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: May 21, 2011

Bottom Line:
I bought my M1s in 2000. Whilst I have many other speakers around the house, the Tannoys is one pair I will not part with ... Ther are outstanding sounding bookshelf speakers, and purchased at A$350, exceptional value for money.

Submitted by Adam a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 16, 2010

Bottom Line:
I have just bought these Tannoy M1 Speakers Second Hand just now , from reading the Reviews , I am pretty amazed and I am excited to hear them through my System !

Submitted by Carl Bosteels a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 14, 2009

Bottom Line:
I own the M1's for about a month now, bought them second hand. I use the speakers on my desktop. I drive them with the NuForce Icon amp and this is really a wonderful combination.
Good build quality! Cristal clear sound! Good looking!
I'm a fan!

Submitted by atozhifi a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 22, 2009

Bottom Line:
I own them for less then a week since i bought them 2nd hand from a local 2nd hand dealer and sold it off a week later.
So disappointed i am, from the moment i turm up the volume. Listening to my favorite cds,
sound is dull, lifeless and treble sound shuts in but most noticible is the bass extention is pretty amazing
for a speaker this size, it has the most powerful bass response that i have ever heard of speaker in this size and budget.
Actually i am a fan of Tannoy having the very old Sixes607 for a very long time and still enjoying it every day now. Compare to the Mercury M1 is a heaven and earth.