Talon Audio Raven
MSRP  20000.00
Description: <ul> <li>Driver design</li> <li>Ceramic tweeter</li> <li>Low frequencies</li> <li>Smoothness and liquidity</li> </ul>

Submitted by ARCHEOL a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 24, 2008

Bottom Line:
Outstanding full range floor standing speaker! Excellent imaging, dynamic range, and soundstage! Build quality is amazing and they are absolutely stunning to look at and listen to! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

Purchased At:   demo from dealer

Submitted by pard a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 14, 2006

Bottom Line:
I have the Raven C model and I am very happy. In a word: fantastic. Amazing bass response, huge soundstage, very full and powerful sound.

I would have never considered these speakers but I stumbled upon them while surfing the 'Gon. Someone local had them listed and my curiosity got the better of me. I listen to a wide range of music (classical, rock, jazz, blues, techno, world) and these speakers do everything very well. The midrange is very good, but perhaps not quite as present or forward as in a Wilson Sophia. Bass response is out of this world. These speakers are very sensitive to placement so set-up is very time consuming but worth the effort.

Are these the best speakers in the world? No. In fact, I think the Sophia is a better speaker overall if you are looking for a speaker in this size range. However, on the used market these speakers are a killer deal. IMO, you will not find a finer speaker for the money - again I am referring to the used market. I am very pleased - you will be too.

If you do decide to get these speakers, make sure you have a powerful amp. I once used a 100W integrated - sounded decent- but anemic compared the JC1 monoblocks I now use. JC1/Raven C combination is phenomenal - highly recommended.

Purchased At:   used from the Audiog