System Audio 1070 Floorstanding Speakers

4.78/5 (9 Reviews)

loudspeakers

Submitted by omegaone a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: April 20, 2003

Bottom Line:
I started looking for a replacement for my Infinity Rennesaince 80. I came across these, and took the chance. The second i heard their overwhelming clarity, and sleek bass-reproduction, I was sold.

Submitted by Chris a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: September 4, 2001

Bottom Line:
I have found these delightful speakers to be a terrific addition to my system - I have driven them with fairly low powered (40-50watt) solid state as well as tube gear and they shine with both. The sound is open, relaxed, full of body and tone, while retaining detail and accuracy. They have a sound that allows me to listen for hours without fatigue.
By spiking the speaker base and adding ballast to the sand chamber, the low end has improved greatly. Doing this made the bass very taut and direct.
They most definitely reveal shortcomings in the front-end equipment, so choose sources wisely.
I highly recommend at the minimum the use of a biwire pair of Nordost Flatline gold (or higher) for your run - it seems to compliment the speakers' natural and neutral "attitude". This is a bargain for the sound.
Overall I believe that these speakers have serious potential to become a 'cult classic'. They have the qualities of far more expensive speakers at a very reasonable price - the sound is amazing and the build quality is bar none.

Price Paid:    $2000.00

Submitted by Bjarne Christensen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: July 9, 2000

Bottom Line:
When I started to look for a replacement for my Cerwin Vega VS10 speakers, it was because I wanted more precise bass reproduction and more details in the mid and hig range. Besides the sound demands I was loking for a nicely designed product. I listened to speakers from Dali, Jamo, F3, Snell and System Audio. All brands had a nice wodden veneer cabinet, and were quite tall speakers. The choice was System Audio 1070 in rosewood veneer. These are wery good looking, and gives an excelent sound reproduction for the price. Snell, F3 and Dali were the biggest competitors but their price were higher without giving a better perfomance.
System Audio uses two small 5" Bass/Midrange speaker and a 1" Soft dome Highrange speaker in a D'Appolito configuration. The cabinet is seperated in 4 chambers, where the lower one is for sand damping, the other chambers is one for the crossover network and one for each of the Bass/Midrange speakers.
The sound is crystal clear, with a lot of details in the whole frequense spectre. The Bass reproduction is the best I have ever heard, very fast. These Bass speaker can start and stop much quiker than other speakers due to the low weight of the membranes. The stereo perspective is high class, it is very easy to hear where the singer is placed on the stage. They are very musical, you wanna hear the whole record collection over and over again. However they demand good audio components, and sound best if they are connected with heavy speaker cables in bi-wiring or maybe even better bi-amping.

Data:
Frequense reponse: 42-25.000Hz+-1,5Db
Impedanse : 4 Ohms.
Sensetivity : 92 Db (1 Watts, 1 mtr.)
Power rating : 170 Watts Sinus.

I recomend these speakers for all persons, who dislikes the "booming" bass reproduction from most speakers. People who thinks big speakers are ogly should have a look at these speakers, the might just like what they see (and hear!). The speakers have no preferences in musical styles, I play Jazz, Classic, Rock and Pop on my system. They are also great as front speakers in a souround system, where the clarity in the mid range gives a better expirience.

Submitted by K Christensen a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: December 22, 1999

Bottom Line:
The 1070 is a sleek 2-way design, with i beautiful design. It's main drivers are two 5-inch units, with an impressive speed. The 1070 are not capable of reproducing the very deepest bass, but the rest is performed in an incredible detailed way. The midrange and treble is perfectly integrated. The result is a very neutral sound, and a big precise soundstage. The 1070 like to play a little forward, which results in a very entertaining performance.
1070 has a bottom-chamber made for sand-damping. After filling it the sound becomes even faster, and the bass more detailed.
Now im working on matching them with a better amp than my old Luxman-combo.

Submitted by Bill Crane a an Audiophile

Date Reviewed: October 3, 1999

Bottom Line:
I had been admiring System Audio speakers at both the 1996 and 1998 Stereophile shows. But found them difficult to find. Now they have opened up more dealers. The 1070s are a great choice. The $2,499 price may seem a little steep at first. That is until you hear them and realize that these Denmark beauties are in the same class as the even pricy Sonus Fabers and Pro Acs. They are accurate on all types of music. Plus the speed and dynamics will knock you out! Their 40-25,000 Hz frequency response rating is given at tight 1.5 db points, not the much wider and easier to obtain 3db used by most all other manufacturers. They certainly play low enough for 99% of the music. An easy five stars.

Duration Product Used:   an Audiophile

Speakers for Classical Music for Rotel RB 1070 (budget: upto 2k$)

Hi everyone! I recently bought a new Rotel RB 1070 pre amp and RC 1070 power amp and have not bought any speakers yet and need your guidance to avoid wasting my money. I listen only to classical music and as i mentioned my budget is upto 1k - 2k USD only. The power amp requires min of 4ohms ... Read More »

rc 1070

Can anyone comment on the characteristics of the rotel 1070 preamp. Would it be the best match for a rotel 1080, and a big step up over the preout sectionon a massmarket receiver???Read More »

Belt replacement in Rotel RCD 1070 CD player

No, it's not a belt-drive CDP, it's the belt that opens and closes the disc tray and also drops the laser carriage out of the way. After years of tapping the damn door with my knuckle to get the thing to take a disc, I finally opened it up yesterday and found it just needs to have the little belt ... Read More »

Outlaw 1070 vs Rotel separates vs Denon 2807

Please help a cash poor youngster! Hello, I was hoping to get some advice on a system I'm putting together for my apartment. The goal is to have as good as possible music playback, without sacrificing (too much) home theatre performance. I have spent the past 6 months acquiring the various speakers ... Read More »

Rotel RB 1070 as power-amp. with a receiver

Hello everybody, My name is Tuyen, Nguyen Van. I come from HCMC, Vietnam. I am a newbie. I have CD player Teac VRDS-10, Denon DCD-700AE, Yamaha RX-V1500 receiver, and a pair of B&W 603S3. My listening is 90% music, jazz, classic, a little of pop and country. I would like to add a Rotel RB 1 ... Read More »