Streem RW-500 Floorstanding Speakers

• Store Promotions Shipping Price

• System Type: 3 way - 4 driver
  • Tweeter: 1" titanium dome
  • Midrange: dual 6.5" polypropylene treated coated drivers with Butyl rubber surrounds
  • Woofer: 8" polypropylene treated coated driver with Butyl rubber surround
  • Power Handling: 50 - 250
  • Watts (500 Watts Peak)
  • Frequency Response: 40Hz - 20KHz
  • Sensitivity: 90 dB
  • Crossover Frequency: 800 / 3500Hz
  • Impedance: 8 Ohms
  • Cabinet: 100% MDF wood construction
  • Enclosure: tuned rear port bass reflex tower design with separate driver enclosures
  • Dimensions: 39.6" x 9" x 12.75" ( H x W x D)
  • Weight: 48 lbs

• Review Options:  Sorted by Latest Review | Sort by Best Rating

Submitted by Buck-er-oo a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: November 11, 2006

Bottom Line:
    After looking on line for speakers and reviews, I stumbled across the Streem speakers. The reviews seemed to be very positive in fact I couldn't find a negative review on them. They are sold online or directly from Streem. I was not sure about buying something I can't hear, but the review from others were all good, so I bit the bullet. The people from Streem told me the difference from the two speakers that I was interested in. The HT 808 and the RW 500. The HT 808 had a lot more reviews, and seemed to be a more popular. I was told the RW 500 had less base due to it's frequency response of 40 Hx - 20 Khz compared to the HT 808 at 35 Hz - 20 Khz. I took the plunge. Shipping was free, and they come doulbled boxed. These people know how to pack speakers, made it from Ont to Calgary in 5 days.. After hooking them up to my Kenwood kr 9600 160 rms per channel, I was blown away. The sound was better than I thought for the money I spent. By the way this has enough base for me and some to spare if you like base. You will get even better sound with any speaker if you have an equilizer. I give this set 2 thumbs up.

Purchased At:   Streem