Sony SSMF600H Floorstanding Speakers

Dual 8" H.O.P. Woofers, 3" H.O.P Midrange, 1" Nano-Fine Balanced Dome tweeter minimizes flexing, reduces distortion.

Submitted by Ian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 16, 2016

Bottom Line:
I have enjoyed more than a decade out of the Sony SS-MF500H's. I recently purchased some 2nd hand SS-MF550H's. The 500's produce significantly better base than the 550's. I agree with some of the other reviews around about replacing the crossovers in these units, some improvements here.

Submitted by Kevin a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 30, 2011

Bottom Line:
Excellent speakers. Got them at Goodwill. That's right, Goodwill for $30.00 and they sound awesome. Go figure...

Submitted by Larry Von Listensalot a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: November 9, 2006

Bottom Line:
I am the last person to every buy any Sony products, especially speakers!!! The last system I owned was purchsed at a hi-fi store in Toronto Ontario, I own products from Fisher and Denon. I am a sound snob and will pay double the average for a good product.
What no one has mentioned is the depth these speakers have. I want to hear all the highs and lows, if you have a crap driver for your speakers they will not perform as intended. While the sony's lack the bass production of my Canon TLS's, speakers made in California, they do have amazing depth. I close my eyes and I can hear instruments in different positons as the recording intended. The Sony's sound good hooked up to my Denon reciever, they are especially nice when I play musc DVD's recorded in DTS. Again it's the reciever that makes a difference here.

Purchased At:   Sony store in Romani

Submitted by steven a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: July 7, 2003

Bottom Line:
these speakers are crap.they sound muffled and have no bass.but what can i say there sony.buy a sony tv or es receiver .but dont buy there speakers.i got rid of these speakers after six months and bought polk rti100's.major differance

Purchased At:   best buy

Submitted by Sonyman a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: June 27, 2003

Bottom Line:
These speakers are great. i didnt think they were gonna be but my dad picked them out so i trusted him and im glad i did because they are the best. my dad has klipsch speakers and they are cleaner but these speakers are not bad i am getting another pair and they are the sony ss-mf650h but these ar nice. my room shakes with these.the midrange makes it all that crisper and cleaner it is nice. the tweeter is strong and i think i should wire the speakers with monster cable i heard it makes a big difference.

Purchased At:   best buy