Sony SS-MF515
Description: 3 way speaker, 6 1/2" woofer x2, 3" Mid, l" tweeter.

Submitted by Matthew a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 19, 2003

Bottom Line:
I have worked in theaters and installed all of my friend’s home theater systems for years and really pay attention to every single speaker system I come across. For the price these are definitely the best speakers out there. Sure if you spent 500 or more you could get something better but for the 150 that I Paid there isn’t a better speaker. I have the old 515's and love them even without the new crossover. I wouldn’t recommend buying these if you have more then a couple hundred bucks, just because there are better speakers out there for more money.

Purchased At:   Sony Outlet Gafney S

Submitted by naglfar a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: March 14, 2002

Bottom Line:
You call those pair of junk towers a loudspeakers ? !?
I wish mr. Osama would take on them with some sort of sesna.

shame on you Sony!!

Submitted by Clay K a Audiophile

Date Reviewed: December 24, 2001

Bottom Line:
Some of the reviews I have read don't sound like the same Sony SS MF-600H duo I just got for Christmas. These speakers are great! Really what suprised me about what I am reading is "poor bass". I have to admit I have enough power to run a club, but these speakers PUT OUT. They sound pretty good even when maxed out on power(1000 watt Onkyo). They can't take it all, but they do what the specs claim. Anyway, as far as the bass comments go, the first DVD I watched was last night-Pearl Harbor. Thirty minutes in, my neighbor was knocking @ my door. His words were "hey man, I hate to bug you, but my house is shaking. Do you think you could turn it down, or mostly it's just the bass I hear". I obliged him, but I was watching a movie, not having a party. The bass is there. No speaker does without enough power.

Purchased At:   Basic Electronics and appliance

Submitted by shane scheffber a Casual Listener

Date Reviewed: October 31, 2001

Bottom Line:
I was a little wary about these speakers, because I didnt want to have to buy a subwoofer as I am a college student and on a VERY limited budget, but after reading some reviews and looking at the speakers on other sites, I decided to give these a go. DRUM ROLL... they are excellent, i dont need a subwoofer. The 4 8s are plenty of base, anymore would be overkill. I must admit I dont have the biggest space to fill up, so maybe thats where these others found the base lacking, but this is excellent in my room. I would definetely recommend them to anyone for the price I got. These are the 600s btw.

Purchased At:   etronics.com

Submitted by Brian a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: August 19, 2001

Bottom Line:
This is a review for the ssmf-600h....
These babys can crank out the bass so much I turn off my sub because it is bass overkill. I have the ss-mf600hs as my front speakers and have ss-mf 515s for rears. The 600h is the best buy on the market without getting into audiophile class towers. Considering the price I paid these are far supperior to most towers that cost twice as much. The midrange speakers produce good voices in ac-3 mode and the tweeters wont crack even under the highest sounds. If you are looking for quality towers without spending tons look no further....these kick a$$

Purchased At:   electronicebuys.com