Sonus Faber Toy Tower Floorstanding Speakers

Italian designed and built, all-leather-wrapped 3-way tower speaker.

SYSTEM: 3 way vented box loudspeaker.
CABINET: Construction with decoupled side panels for resonances and standing waves control.
TWEETER: 25 mm ultra dynamic ring radiator-driver, neodymium magnet system.
MIDRANGE: 110 mm coated cellulose cone driver.
WOOFER: 180 mm hard nomex cone driver.
CROSS-OVER: Non-resonant third order design, optimized phase characteristics for optimal space/time performance, cross-over point 400 Hz – 4000 Hz.
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 45 Hz – 25.000 Hz, tuning ports included.
SENSITIVITY: 89 dB SPL (2.83 V/1m).
NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohm.
POWER HANDLING: 35W – 200W, without clipping.
FINISH: Barred black leather.
DIMENSIONS: 950 x 270 x 295 mm (HxWxD).
WEIGHT: 35.6 Kg per pair – net weight / 43 Kg per pair – shipping weight.

From Sonus Faber:
With the compact but ambitious floor-standing Toy Tower, Sonus Faber conveys all the colors and emotions of lifesized music reproduction with an even more intense, profound involvement than its smaller sibling. The Toy Tower delivers a complete acoustic picture of your favorite melodies that will simply carry you away. Cherish your new Toy Tower. Position it attentively and select its electronic partners with care. You will be rewarded, day after day, with an intensely passionate and soulful musical experience.

Submitted by lambadowski a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 30, 2013

Bottom Line:
Bought these speakers (as my secondary system) about a year ago and I have to admit, that when I first hooked them up, I was a little bit dissapointed. They sounded mellow and a bit "dead" if I'm exaggerating a bit... Violins were not articulated, double bass was not as precise as it could be... After quite a long (I would say more that 100 hours) break-in period,....oh boy!!! Every minute was more thrilling and joyful!!
I'm a professional classical musician and listening mostly instrumental music (classical, jazz, vocal) and I have to say, that every record I played sounded soft, detailed and live what I think is most important thing. Jean Michele Jarre Equinoxe sounds more like looking at a painting not listening to music...
Build quality... build to last for decades! Fine Italian craftsmanship in detail!
Worth every cent...

Submitted by dpl35 a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: December 21, 2010

Bottom Line:
I bought the Toy Towers without hearing them, just based on reviews that I had read. All the reviews were glowing, and I can confirm that these speakers are exceptional. The sound is very detailed, with great separation of instruments. One thing I have noticed with these speakers is that they image very well, better than any speaker I have owned. I found these used, and got what I felt was a great deal.

After spending some time with these, both with music and movies, I can say that I am very happy with this purchase. My other gear consists of a Sunfire 200w amp, Oppo BPD-93, and the new Marantz AV7005 processor.