Sonus Faber Amati Homage Floorstanding Speakers

4.69/5 (39 Reviews) MSRP : $20000.00

Floor Standing Full Range Speaker

Submitted by Mats a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: May 31, 2013

Bottom Line:
I have now owned he Sonus Faber Amati Homage for 8 years, and I don not expect to part with it for many years to come. The sound of instruments is beguiling,the timbre of a violin and most other 'natural' instruments unmatched. I listen to Classical music, jazz, acoustic, but also to Led Zeppelin for instance. In the past years I have improved on the rest of the HiFi chain, and the Amati's have always grown with it.

This speaker is rather picky when it comes to amplification, I thought the Amati Anniversarion was even better, until I had found a good match for the Homage. Now I know they are pretty much equal, with the newer Anniverario being easier to drive. (I haven't heard the Futura yet)

Submitted by Ejvic a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 21, 2012

Bottom Line:
First of all I am good on writing a review and English is my second language but I have own these speakers for about 7 months now and so far the best speakers I heard and owned so far,I am driving them with recaps krell ksa 150 amplifier and also recaps kbl preamplifier and the results is so good and I can't even explained ,The emotion and involvement in the music is so strong,before I got these speakers I have a pair of Jm lab alcor and also the vandersteen 3a signature and the sonus are so much better in any category that I heard.The emotional attachment for me on these speakers is so strong right now and a lot of people say they are great using tubes also but I have not try that yet ,I have a mcintosh mc 30 and mcintosh mx110 z completed recaps by Terry D..in my bedroom connected to Yamaha ns-2000 speakers and I can't even find a time to try the mcintosh to drive the sonus because I just don't want to touch these setup..

Submitted by Nils-Jorgen Kjaernet a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: January 13, 2010

Bottom Line:
This review is for the new Anniversario!
Sonus Faber Amati Anniversario is a really high end loudspeaker. Feed them with a amplifier and signal source in same high end class and you will have a music system you never get tired to listen to for ever. This speakers will give you all the musical information the orchestra can offer. From the big drums to the small piccolo flute, the wooden sound from the stings and the timbre of the cymbals and triangles. The stop and start time in the 2 new 220mm woofers with magnesium membranes are the most precis low frequency transducers available today. You can feel and hear this no over-shooting and precis bass-response.
The 150mm midrange device gives the well known Sonus Faber midrange, the timpani, brass and voices are clear and open. The new 25mm ring radiator tweeter give a superb transient response without any over-shooting in sound. The design wood and finish are in highest class. The speakers are art sculptures with high wife factor! The price is high but it is not easy to get better speakers in this class. I have experience with B&W 802 and 801 but SF Amati are better in all aspects.
Amati is no hard to drive speakers. Some times I use a 2x40W tube amplifier Hovland Sapphire with topp results but mainly I use a 2x400W Jeff Rowland 301.
No bad words can be said about this speakers only superlatives!

Product model year:   2008

Submitted by sams a AudioPhile

Date Reviewed: January 16, 2008

Bottom Line:
This review is for the anniversary model. I would recommend placing these wonderful speakers in medium to large room. I am around 20 feet away from them and they are truly magnificent. I tested many amps and went for Audio Research reference tubes (magic). The amati's dissapear and after awhile you forget about them and are calmed by the elegant music that is produced. They really are instruments. I guess you can say that they are a modern day escape. They can take you to audiophile heaven for hours. They even sound amazing in home theatre. I have them hooked up in 2 channel as well as 5.1, movies are mesmerizing and concerts sublime. I started with Guarneri's years ago which I love and now use them as rears in 5.1 and also use a rel stentor3 sub without any center (i run it in phantom mode) the amati's in front with guarneri's as rears is just amazing , the rel is also great and disappears. Also run a krell s-1000 processor with the audio research reference amps.

Purchased At:   filtronique

Submitted by Fools a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: October 25, 2007

Bottom Line:
I dont pay $20000 for its looks. I only pay $20000 for its sound because I listen to music with my ears not with my eyes.

So dont be fooled you fools.

Price Paid:    $20000.00