Soliloquy 6.2 Floorstanding Speakers

• In-Room Sensitivity 89 dB
  • Nominal Impedance 8 ohms

Submitted by david_01 a Audio Enthusiast

Date Reviewed: February 6, 2004

Bottom Line:
I researched speakers for months to choose a speaker for my main listening room. I had b&w 604s2 speakers and was tired of the metal stweeter. I wanted softer, less analytical sound. I researched and auditioned tons of speakers and narrowed the search to silverline, spendor and soliloquy. I bought the soliloquys because the price was right.

The sound is quite astounding. According to the manufacture, who I called, they are the most musical in the line. They are incredibly open and warm. In the past I have been a huge fan of paradigm. I have a home theater with studio 20s and my bedroom has studio 40s. Recently I decided to experiment and I placed the 40s in my listenroom to do a head to head test with the 6.2s. No comparision. To my surprise, the 6.2s blew away the 40s. By comparision the 40s sound small and boxy. Granted, they are a monitor that retails for 1/2 the price, but boy does it show. Previous to this, I actually thought they sounded better, which they may, in a small room like a bedroom with furnishings that would soften the sound.

COnclusion: Great sounding speaker. Are they worth $2600, don't know, I wouldn't pay that for any speaker, I'm relatively poor. But for what I paid, they are a tremendous value.

My system